BC pnp nomination

Old Nov 13th 2017, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BC pnp nomination

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Are you sure? Or was it that the whole family had to have a medical for Permanent Residency, regardless?

Might have been! The whole process was such an administration nightmare that I was easily confused (luckily my husband was able to wade through the bureaucracy! 😄). Either way the OP has mentioned PR so they'll all need the medical.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with FL: Tamsin needs a medical and enough time needs to elapse for the Officer to be able to see it on the system when the WP is applied for. A few weeks at least.

You need to get it sorted out now otherwise it'll be hassle to get the medical conditions lifted afterwards and in the meantime you can't work.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 13th 2017 at 4:17 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 7:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannah1001
Either way the OP has mentioned PR so they'll all need the medical.
Not yet though! Only the OP needs it for the TWP, the others need to wait until further down the line when PR is actually applied for and the medical requested, otherwise it will likely expire and have to be redone anyway.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys sorry had to stay late at work!! So yes you are all kind of right I have to get a medical only which will satisfy (hopefully) the CBSA officer at poe when we fly in between Christmas and new year because I am working in childcare. Spoke to the medical place today in Knightsbridge and the lady ( who was quite knowledgeable) explained that because hwe are going through the paper based application it could take up to 16 months so I will probably need another one she we get asked for it for PR , so I am booked in for a trip to London on Friday and hopefully that's it I have all my documentation for poe,again I really really cannot thank you guys enough. Tamasin
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Ensure the place you are going is "e-Medical enabled" (means they send electronically to IRCC and give you a receipt).
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've already checked that she said they do and we will get a (think this is right) a immu number or something like that to take with me to the poe
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes you will get a one or two page receipt.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

That's grill snowy sorry to cause mayhem with you experienced guys I just wanted to make sure I had everything in order when we fly out, its still panicking me now. But I think I have everything that will satisfy the CBSA officer.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

I've noticed as well that some people need a employer compliance fee? Could one of you guys explain how I do this please. Then definitely no more question s I promise. Tamasin
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
I've noticed as well that some people need a employer compliance fee? Could one of you guys explain how I do this please. Then definitely no more question s I promise. Tamasin
You can ask as many questions as you like, that the whole point of BE! Somebody will usually try and help.

The employer compliance fee isn't something you need to worry about, it's only paid by the employer. And it's not relevant to all streams anyway, remind me which you're applying under?
Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
For mine it was arranged by my employer.

There is an employer portal on the CIC website and they had to pay the fee on there then provided me with proof it had been paid.

My work permit application is down a non-LMIA route so if you have a LMIA letter this may differ
Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Christmasoompa we have been nominated under the BC PNP fsw (not ee) we have a work permit support letter, job offer and medical ( I'm working with children) so instead of applying from here in the UK for a work permit we are going to fly in at poe forgot to mention we are going through paper based application so 16 months wait for PR ( fingers crossed ) thankyou
Old Nov 17th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

The named Employer needs to have paid the compliance fee if the WP will be tied/LMIA exempt and you need the receipt and all the relevant numbers. You cannot pay this fee.
Old Nov 18th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I got our BC PNP nomination this week as well woo! We're on the express entry route. Sorry to jump on your thread but as you're going through a similar process you might be able to help

I don't think we've received a work permit support letter yet, does this come after the nomination? We're going on the basis of my husband's job, and luckily he falls into the new BC tech pilot so it's all happened pretty quickly (about a month from registration to nomination). Well this stage has, feels like we've been waiting forever to actually get everything ready for the registration and application.

I assume that once we have this we could apply for work permits and don't need to show that we've actually applied for PR? We had a letter as well from the IRCC saying that they have updated our EE profile to include the nomination, and should be invited to apply for PR in the next round whenever that is.

Although my husband is the one with the job offer I don't know what I'll be doing yet, is it worth getting medicals and police checks before we go? Do we need them if we want to apply for work permits on entry? We won't be able to go until sometime early next year as I have to give 3 months notice in work, so we have some time.
Old Nov 18th 2017, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly_m
My husband and I got our BC PNP nomination this week as well woo! We're on the express entry route. Sorry to jump on your thread but as you're going through a similar process you might be able to help

I don't think we've received a work permit support letter yet, does this come after the nomination? We're going on the basis of my husband's job, and luckily he falls into the new BC tech pilot so it's all happened pretty quickly (about a month from registration to nomination). Well this stage has, feels like we've been waiting forever to actually get everything ready for the registration and application.

I assume that once we have this we could apply for work permits and don't need to show that we've actually applied for PR? We had a letter as well from the IRCC saying that they have updated our EE profile to include the nomination, and should be invited to apply for PR in the next round whenever that is.

Although my husband is the one with the job offer I don't know what I'll be doing yet, is it worth getting medicals and police checks before we go? Do we need them if we want to apply for work permits on entry? We won't be able to go until sometime early next year as I have to give 3 months notice in work, so we have some time.
The PNP nomination letter is sufficient. Is the letter employer specific or just an employer in BC? Either way all he needs to do is present the letter at the POE and he will be issued a work permit and pay the fees of $155 for the work permit and if it not employer specific another $100 processing fee. If it is employer specific then they should have paid the $230 compliance fee and then you only need to pay the $155.
This can all be done on arrival.
As for you unless working in health care or with vulnerable persons you won't need a medical for other jobs however one will be required once the PR application is submitted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.