Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

bc pnp:my salary is below standard

Wikiposts

bc pnp:my salary is below standard

Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

truk0608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bc pnp:my salary is below standard

i have applied for the bc pnp last month,as far as my salary sa food and beverage is concern it is below the standard salary for that occupation,and below the LICO requirement for a family of three in vancouver. but if include the tips that i am getting as F&B server i could come up with the LICO requirement of 33k annual income,i know that tips does not appear on my pay stub but still its a clear income on my part.what can i do to address this concerns,my employer is very willing to help me too on this matter its just that we dont know how to start to solve these concerns.

anybody's advise is welcome.

thanks
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:38 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bc pnp:my salary is below standard

Originally Posted by truk0608
i have applied for the bc pnp last month,as far as my salary sa food and beverage is concern it is below the standard salary for that occupation,and below the LICO requirement for a family of three in vancouver. but if include the tips that i am getting as F&B server i could come up with the LICO requirement of 33k annual income,i know that tips does not appear on my pay stub but still its a clear income on my part.what can i do to address this concerns,my employer is very willing to help me too on this matter its just that we dont know how to start to solve these concerns.

anybody's advise is welcome.

thanks
Have you declared your tips on your income tax return? That should suffice.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Have you declared your tips on your income tax return? That should suffice.

Last edited by montpro; Sep 30th 2009 at 9:09 am.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:29 am
Just Joined

the aviator,

i have only reported a minimal amount last year because i have been on training and i arrive here just last september 2008, but for sure i have to declare all my tips this year. can i state in my letter to the bc pnp that my wife is a registered pharmacist and have good prospects of landing a good paying job once here in BC?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:38 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get your employer to write you a letter that you can attach to the offer of employment? Something like:

The basic wage is $x per hour and working full-time this is equivalent to $XXXXX a year. People in this occupation typically earn gratuities from customers and our expectation is that you will earn approximately $XXXX a year in tips if you perform your job to the required standard. This will make your expected annual earnings $XXXXXXXX, equivalent to $XX per hour.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:40 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by truk0608
... as far as my salary sa food and beverage is concern it is below the standard salary for that occupation ...
But this is going to be a problem. PNP exists to address labour shortages. Not to allow employers to hire foreigners who will work cheap.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

to jonboy e

you are exactly right that pnp exist not to allow cheap rate to foreign worker.

but i guess my employer have spoken to my assesor and have asssured the advisor that i will have a full time permanent employee and i am having decent tips gratuities from customer enough to provide for a family of three in vancouver,im really impress at how do you and my employer came up with the very same idea,you are awesome guys.

thanks a lot