BC PNP LMO required?

Old Jan 11th 2013, 7:50 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC PNP LMO required?

Hi Folks,

So apoloiges if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have scanned a few threads and scanned the BC website and I am non the wiser.

The BC website seems to say if an LMO is required?, but how do I know if its required or not?

Also does getting the BC PNP nomination then mean I could apply for TWP?

The reason I ask these questions is I have a potential employer lined up and they have passed the matter to there HR and a lawyer and they have been told LMo or BC PNP is the way to get me over. However I assumed I had to have LMO and job offer before the BC PNP.

They have been told the quickest route is the BC PNP but thats the more expensive route for them. However, I was under the assumption that the employer had to provide job offer and a few other bits and then I did the main bulk of the application and I would pay the fee etc. I had assumed the only way it would cost them for the BC PNP would be if they got their own solicitors involved?

The reply from the employer is that they have been advised the LMO is a lenghy process as they will have to post the postion. I understand they have to advertise but does this just need to be local maybe a small add in the Vancouver sun for example or do they need to show effort over and above just a simple advert?

They have then been advised that HR would need to complete a detailed review of each application/interview, with some form of written submission on the findings to HRSDC. Unfortunately their HR folk are up to their necks in a new system which would delay matters. So how much would the employer and their HR have to do to satisfy HRSDC to get the LMO?

The employer says they still want to offer me a position but they need tosort out these hoops they need to jump through. I would to be able to give them some advice and hopefully a lay their fears. At the moment I feel like this potential job and avenue is slipping through my fingers

Any and all help would be very much appreciated and before anyone says it I have googled and I have looked at the wiki and I am non the wiser... but this maybe due to my current does of man flu

Thanks

Mike
Old Jan 11th 2013, 8:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP LMO required?

No LMO is required for the PNP, and yes for the LMO they need to do more than advertise it locally for a day or two.

They must advertise it for at least two weeks, nationally, and to stand the most chance of the LMO being granted ideally in a few places. They also have to show no Canadian applied that was suitable. The LMO then takes around 3-4 months, so it's not quick unless they qualify for the new A-LMO scheme - if they've applied for LMOs before and qualify, the LMO takes no more than 2 weeks under that scheme.

HTH a bit?

Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

biggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the rough

Mikey, just had a LMO approved by B.C - applied end of October and found out yesterday.

But that was going through the normal route, A-LMO is supposed to be much quicker. Good luck!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 12:18 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No LMO is required for the PNP, and yes for the LMO they need to do more than advertise it locally for a day or two.

They must advertise it for at least two weeks, nationally, and to stand the most chance of the LMO being granted ideally in a few places. They also have to show no Canadian applied that was suitable. The LMO then takes around 3-4 months, so it's not quick unless they qualify for the new A-LMO scheme - if they've applied for LMOs before and qualify, the LMO takes no more than 2 weeks under that scheme.

HTH a bit?

Good luck.
If I was to go the BC PNP route would this gurantee a work permit if I was nominated and could my OH get a work permit of the back of my work permit and nomination?

I ask as it say on the BC website the fee is $550 per principal applicant. So would it just be 1 times $550 and then when applying to CIC the forms are completed as per the FSW and my OH fills out the required forms and we include the common law declartion and this all pig backs as such my job offer and pnp nomination?

Id assume if its just $550 and some paperwork from the employer to support my job offer and application then this maybe a chepear and easier option for the employer?

Thanks

Mike
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

Hi Mike,
I arrived three years ago on a Bunac visa. I applied for BC PNP mid way through that year and paid the $550. (My husband got a free ride off the back of mine.) You then get a TWP (after 14-16 wks of processing and acceptance) by going with all your paper work and special letter from PNP to a port of entry (and an additional $150 per permit per person) If your lucky and the boarder guard is having a good day you might even get a two year visa! Within six months you have to apply for PR. If thats your plan. If the process takes longer than the life of your TWP you need to contact BC PNP and they will give you another letter to go and get another TWP at the boarder. The whole the process took about two years but I did have a baby so our medical was delayed as I couldn't have an x-ray. We applied for BCPNP in Sept 2010 and we received PR in July last year. So pretty fast I think.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Lynsi
Old Jan 12th 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lynsi
Hi Mike,
I arrived three years ago on a Bunac visa. I applied for BC PNP mid way through that year and paid the $550. (My husband got a free ride off the back of mine.) You then get a TWP (after 14-16 wks of processing and acceptance) by going with all your paper work and special letter from PNP to a port of entry (and an additional $150 per permit per person) If your lucky and the boarder guard is having a good day you might even get a two year visa! Within six months you have to apply for PR. If thats your plan. If the process takes longer than the life of your TWP you need to contact BC PNP and they will give you another letter to go and get another TWP at the boarder. The whole the process took about two years but I did have a baby so our medical was delayed as I couldn't have an x-ray. We applied for BCPNP in Sept 2010 and we received PR in July last year. So pretty fast I think.

Lynsi
Thanks for the Info Lynsi, very much appreciated
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi Mike,

Lynsi
Lynsi when you got your TWP did you have an LMO from your employer or just the job offer, contract and BC PNP special letter?

Just trying to work out if my potential employer just assists with the joint BC PNP application and so little for them to do. Then if all goes well I just need the special letter, offer letter and contract and I can fly into Vancouver airport and get a TWP and my OH SWOP?

Thanks

Mike
Old Jan 13th 2013, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Just job offer. No need for an LMO. Take your signed contract, letter from PNP and certifications. Basically take all your paper work. You just don't know what mood the guard will be in and you don't want to give them an excuse to give you a hard time.
Your employer does very little. They write a letter to say why they need you and copy and sign a few papers. Thats about it! It doesn't cost them a penny.
Good luck,
Lynsi
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:28 am

Hi,
Just job offer. No need for an LMO. Take your signed contract, letter from PNP and certifications. Basically take all your paper work. You just don't know what mood the guard will be in and you don't want to give them an excuse to give you a hard time.
Your employer does very little. They write a letter to say why they need you and copy and sign a few papers. Thats about it! It doesn't cost them a penny.
Good luck,
Lynsi
Sorry to ask more questions but really want to wrap up getting this job and to help out my future employer. It appears from the BC PNP website that the employer would need to prove they tried the Canadian market and could not find someone to fit the role. So as per the LMO they would still need to advertise the role if I am reading it correctly?

A friend had suggested they need only advertise for a matter of weeks and they could get their HR to word the advert in such away it fits my specific skill set and they wouldn't need to interview other applicants as they would fall at first hurdle. Not sure if this would work?

Any advices greatly received

Thanks

Mike
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Sorry to ask more questions but really want to wrap up getting this job and to help out my future employer. It appears from the BC PNP website that the employer would need to prove they tried the Canadian market and could not find someone to fit the role. So as per the LMO they would still need to advertise the role if I am reading it correctly?

A friend had suggested they need only advertise for a matter of weeks and they could get their HR to word the advert in such away it fits my specific skill set and they wouldn't need to interview other applicants as they would fall at first hurdle. Not sure if this would work?

Any advices greatly received

Thanks

Mike
Hi,
Maybe its changed but my employer did not have to advertise anew (I'm sure it won't hurt to do it) only explain in a letter why I was perfect for the role and he had thus far been unable to find someone with my skill set. Also how I was improving his business and bringing in more money for him which is really important. They will call and ask questions to check on all this later in the process. They were really very nice to deal with and on the whole we found this part of the process the least stressful.
don't worry about asking more questions it makes me feel good to help! Purely selfish you see!!!
Lynsi