BC PNP common law work permit

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

stuartgrahamjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC PNP common law work permit

I submitted my PNP application approximatly 2 months ago which included my partner.

I am wondering if we will be required to give additional information/application proving our common law status as the PNP check list did not ask for the common law application on the immigration website.

Do we need to complete a common law application when using the nominee program?

will the pnp application forms completed suffice ?

Any help in appreciated thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP common law work permit

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames
I submitted my PNP application approximatly 2 months ago which included my partner.

I am wondering if we will be required to give additional information/application proving our common law status as the PNP check list did not ask for the common law application on the immigration website.

Do we need to complete a common law application when using the nominee program?

will the pnp application forms completed suffice ?

Any help in appreciated thanks
Did you include the copies of the completed forms for CIC?

Welcome BC - BC PNP Application Forms

4. Include photocopies of the following completed CIC forms with your application to the PNP.

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008 DEP] (Only required if you have more than five dependants including your spouse)
Schedule A – Background Declaration [IMM 5669]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4]

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi, yes I submitted all forms under section 4 this included ones my partner had to complete. Section 4 20 and 21 background deceleration and family check. Additionally in some of the other sections I completed she was included/listed as my partner.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of the checklist, Section 13 identity and civil status documents
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tee1
Have a read of the checklist, Section 13 identity and civil status documents
Yep, as said above you need to look again at the checklist for the Federal part of your app, you'll have to supply it then.

HTH.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames
Hi, yes I submitted all forms under section 4 this included ones my partner had to complete. Section 4 20 and 21 background deceleration and family check. Additionally in some of the other sections I completed she was included/listed as my partner.
There are specific places that you are required to list her and also give details - there are more but I don't have time tonight to go through the forms (sorry).

See attached.

Attached Thumbnails BC PNP common law work permit-nominee-form-bc-common-law.jpg   BC PNP common law work permit-imm0008-common-law.jpg   BC PNP common law work permit-imm0008-common-law-2.jpg  
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Ok so i think i understand now where i am at, correct me if I'm wrong and also please tell me what steps i should expect next.

The BC PNP application has been submitted to the CIC and i am awating a response. if/when approved and i get a positive nomination ill be able to enter Canada and receive a work permit at the boarder along with my partner also.

we then need to complete and submit the application for permanent residence and and it will be at this point we should have the declaration of common law ready for submitting with our application.

How long does an application for common law take as i will start this as soon as possible
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 6:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You've got it!

Although I don't know what you mean by 'an application for common-law'? You don't need to apply for anything special with regard to it, you just include your partner on your app when you send it off to CIC, and include the proof required to show you've been living as husband and wife.