Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC PNP - Bridging Permit - PR Confusion

BC PNP - Bridging Permit - PR Confusion

Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:39 am
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BC PNP - Bridging Permit - PR Confusion

Thanks, we are actually used to the implied status. Whenever we had to renew our TWP, they always arrived months after our current permits expired. Mind you, we never applied online, we always used the snail mail. Can't think why we used this method as its rubbish lol.
Mike
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 3:20 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,
*UPDATE*
So after receiving our AOR on the 15th of this month we then received receipt of application payment on the 21st of the month. Today April 23rd we have just been notified about needing to get our medicals done. I know that this is great news and seems lightening fast now, would you agree, or is this just my excitement?
Thanks,
Mike
Old May 12th 2015, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

BritishCanadianCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by palmerq
I think you email bc pnp and ask for a work permit support letter then you either apply online or at the border(not too sure about that), when I emailed bc pnp they told me they don't support a bridging open work permit so you have to apply for a closed work permit.
Hi Palmerq,

We have applied for BCpnp through express entry and are now just waiting to hear something but I just want to clarify what you say above.

1. Will BCpnp provided a work permit if you have not yet received the nomination? or can you request one only if you have a nomination?

2. Also is this for BC pnp or BC pnp's through express entry?

Thanks. Kelly
Old May 12th 2015, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritishCanadianCouple
Hi Palmerq,

We have applied for BCpnp through express entry and are now just waiting to hear something but I just want to clarify what you say above.

1. Will BCpnp provided a work permit if you have not yet received the nomination? or can you request one only if you have a nomination?

2. Also is this for BC pnp or BC pnp's through express entry?

Thanks. Kelly
you need to get approved by the bc pnp programme.After I recieved the approval pack in the post I took the certificate and support letter they gave me and went to the border and got a work permit there. I hadn't sent in my pr application to nova scotia when I did this. I used the old system in 2014

I think if you have a job and are getting a permit now your employer has to fill out an lmia exempt form and pay 100. That is a fairly new thing though and I have no experience of that so hopefully someone else will inform you on this matter.

I was also in canada when I did all of this
Old May 13th 2015, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

BritishCanadianCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to get approved by the bc pnp programme.After I recieved the approval pack in the post I took the certificate and support letter they gave me and went to the border and got a work permit there. I hadn't sent in my pr application to nova scotia when I did this. I used the old system in 2014

I think if you have a job and are getting a permit now your employer has to fill out an lmia exempt form and pay 100. That is a fairly new thing though and I have no experience of that so hopefully someone else will inform you on this matter.

I was also in canada when I did all of this
Thank you for the information. I hope it is the same now as it was for you. We will fill in anything and pay whatever they like as long as he can get a bridging permit and not lose his job!

I will look into the lmia in relation to bcpnp nominations and see what I can find out. Thanks for the tip.
Old May 15th 2015, 3:07 am
Finally I'm LANDED

Wow, thread jack lol.
Old May 16th 2015, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by desire68
Wow, thread jack lol.
ops sorry sir.. How is you application going on the bowp? Still waiting?
Old May 24th 2015, 7:53 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

ops sorry sir.. How is you application going on the bowp? Still waiting?
Lol, just joking.
Its all going well and we are applying for the bridging permits now to tide us over until the process is complete.. I cant lie, it feels good to be at this end of the process. How is your application coming along?
Cheers,
Mike
Old May 25th 2015, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desire68
Lol, just joking.
Its all going well and we are applying for the bridging permits now to tide us over until the process is complete.. I cant lie, it feels good to be at this end of the process. How is your application coming along?
Cheers,
Mike
I am just awaiting the copr to come in the post now, sent off the photos and passport copy last weekend so now I just have to wait a bit longer.
Old May 30th 2015, 4:05 am
Finally I'm LANDED

So i received a letter yesterday from the CIC to say that my youngest needs more medical tests. It turns out that when i applied for our PR he was 10yrs old and he had just turned 11 yrs old when we had the medicals including x-rays. I think the doctor just presumed that he was too young to need an x-ray so he didn't get one with the rest of us.
So we went to get him X-rayed this morning and all should be well. My question is, i'm no longer able to check my status on the CIC site. It was in "Pending" but now it says that it can't identify me using the info provided. Has my application now been taken out of "Pending" because my son needed the X-Ray?
Thanks,
Mike.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

The Ecas is notoriously unreliable, keep trying it.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 4:39 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

Hi all,
Just received a letter from CIO that states its a "reminder email" high lit in yellow. It asks me to read each section to see if any applies to me.
out of all the sections, the only one that i haven't completed is the sending of the (RPRF) Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
Can i just confirm, is it now time to pay this? and wouldn't CIO already have processed the application to see if anything on Schedule A is missing? I want to make sure that there are no delays.
Thanks all,
Mike

Last edited by desire68; Jul 2nd 2015 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 11:27 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

So,
We are getting dangerously close now. I've paid for our RPRF back in the beginning of July. I'm still waiting for a letter from BCPNP so that i can obtain a bridging permit while we wait fro our PR. My current WP expires on August 27th so i'm getting a little worried as i don't want to get the PR and then go to the boarder, only to be told that i've been here illegally and face the possibility of major problems at the boarder in these final stages of our process.
Any advice would greatly appreciated please.
Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 29th 2015, 5:58 am
Finally I'm LANDED

Hi all, my bridging work permit application was received at CIC on the 27th of Aug 2015 and on the 28th of Aug 2015, my PR status chanced from "in process" to "decision made". Hopefully, it will just be a few weeks now until COPR, I'm so excited now.
Mike
Old Sep 26th 2015, 7:29 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

Passports Requested on Sept 16th and sent off on the 17th. CoPR arrived on Sept 25th. LANDED Sept 25th.
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.