Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC PNP based on job offer, interim LMO & TWP

BC PNP based on job offer, interim LMO & TWP

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:05 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: BC PNP based on job offer, interim LMO & TWP

An update (because I think it's good to put experiences down for others to search on and find): getting a work permit at port of entry (Vancouver airport) was very easy, though the overall wait time in line was about an hour and a quarter. My LMO has an indefinite duration, so I was issued a TWP for a year.
Cheers
b
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 6:47 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
An update (because I think it's good to put experiences down for others to search on and find): getting a work permit at port of entry (Vancouver airport) was very easy, though the overall wait time in line was about an hour and a quarter. My LMO has an indefinite duration, so I was issued a TWP for a year.
Cheers
b
How much paperwork did you need to show ?, just your LMO and job offer or did you need to show education certificates etc?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:25 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
How much paperwork did you need to show ?, just your LMO and job offer or did you need to show education certificates etc?
Just the LMO and offer. However, they appear to ask any question that they need to, to investigate (that was certainly the case for several of the students entering), so I would have everything available. I got quizzed a little bit on what I would be working on.

Cheers
b
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:18 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
Just the LMO and offer. However, they appear to ask any question that they need to, to investigate (that was certainly the case for several of the students entering), so I would have everything available. I got quizzed a little bit on what I would be working on.

Cheers
b
Thanks Ben
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Amtobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on my LMO... Almost at 9 weeks... Still waiting
Hope we hear soon, we have so much riding on this
Has anyone else had good news?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Amtobi
Update on my LMO... Almost at 9 weeks... Still waiting
Hope we hear soon, we have so much riding on this
Has anyone else had good news?
I'm sure you will hear soon
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, you need a job offer approved by HRSDC to qualify for FSW, not just a job offer - so you must have the LMO & TWP before you can apply.

You could however apply under the PNP - no LMO required for that. Plus your employer wouldn't even need to get the LMO for you to start work, as you'd get a TWP at nomination stage anyway. So if you wanted you could skip the LMO altogether.

HTH.
Do you know if the TWP issued after nomination could be issued with an online application?

I am now at 11 weeks waiting for an LMO, we really need to be able to fly on the 13th Jan. I am in health care so I have to apply for TWP before we leave. Just looking at other options to make sure we can go. My employer has said that the BC PNP application can only be made after I have completed 3 months probation. I'm wondering if it's worth pushing them on this issue. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I am now at 11 weeks waiting for an LMO, we really need to be able to fly on the 13th Jan. I am in health care so I have to apply for TWP before we leave. Just looking at other options to make sure we can go. My employer has said that the BC PNP application can only be made after I have completed 3 months probation. I'm wondering if it's worth pushing them on this issue. Any suggestions?
You could try pushing them, but BC PNP nomination will take around 12 weeks anyway, and that's after they've managed to put the application together which will probably take at least a couple of weeks.

So personally I'd just hang tight and hope that the LMO is approved as I don't think it's worth hassling them, but your call.

I don't think there's much chance of you having a TWP in hand by the 13th January tbh, particularly if you need a medical as that usually adds at least a month to the processing time. Which visa office will you be applying via?

Best of luck.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

You could try pushing them, but BC PNP nomination will take around 12 weeks anyway, and that's after they've managed to put the application together which will probably take at least a couple of weeks.

So personally I'd just hang tight and hope that the LMO is approved as I don't think it's worth hassling them, but your call.

I don't think there's much chance of you having a TWP in hand by the 13th January tbh, particularly if you need a medical as that usually adds at least a month to the processing time. Which visa office will you be applying via?

Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply,
I have already done my medical, so hopefully that will speed things up. I am planning to apply online. The cic website says their current wait time is 30 days for an online TWP. I used the online application for my visit visa in May and it worked really well, was done in a few days and just went to AD to get visa put into my passport, which took a day.

I am in UAE so I would have to apply through Abu Dhabi office... Their wait time is 7 months!

Am I being too optimistic? My UAE residency will be cancelled in the 15th December, we will need to leave by the 13th Jan.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You might be ok then, fingers crossed for you!

I didn't think you could apply online if you needed a medical, but that's good.

Best of luck, hope you get a positive LMO.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply,
I have already done my medical, so hopefully that will speed things up. I am planning to apply online. The cic website says their current wait time is 30 days for an online TWP. I used the online application for my visit visa in May and it worked really well, was done in a few days and just went to AD to get visa put into my passport, which took a day.

I am in UAE so I would have to apply through Abu Dhabi office... Their wait time is 7 months!

Am I being too optimistic? My UAE residency will be cancelled in the 15th December, we will need to leave by the 13th Jan.
Good luck and I hope get it soon
Old Nov 9th 2013, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

You might be ok then, fingers crossed for you!

I didn't think you could apply online if you needed a medical, but that's good.

Best of luck, hope you get a positive LMO.
I am hoping it all goes to plan... The cic website has set up application requirements after I answered all the questions and the list includes the submission of my medical form. Will let everyone know how the online process goes. It seems to be the best way to go at this stage.

Thanks, hoping we hear soon!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Good luck and I hope get it soon
Thanks me too! How are you finding life in BC since your move?

Last edited by Amtobi; Nov 9th 2013 at 4:45 am. Reason: Autocorrect issues ;)
Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:09 am

Thanks me too! How are you finding life in BC since your move?
It's going great thanks, new job going well and my work colleagues have really made me feel welcome. Can not believe me and my girlfriend have been here just over a month now , it feels like and both me and my girlfriend feel the same way that it feels like and we want to stay here for good. I think the good thing has been we are living right next door to my sister so we have family close by. We are in East Van so we have found transit to be reliable and reasonably priced, I think the further out you are I think transit maybe a little hit and miss.Managed to get an account with RBC without any hassle and a SIN was easy to get. We lived in Manchester so we find Vancouver a lot greener and cleaner. Our pets seemed to have settled in well and so far we are so glad we made the move
Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Our pets seemed to have settled in well and so far we are so glad we made the move
We are going to be traveling with our 2 cats, how did you find moving your pets? Did you go with cargo or booked on your flight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.