Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC PNP application for Plumber with job offer

BC PNP application for Plumber with job offer

Old Sep 29th 2016, 1:31 am
Just Joined

mooneymo68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC PNP application for Plumber with job offer

Hi again everyone, here is the thing,

I have been lucky enough to get myself a job offer as a plumber in BC I fly out next week to start my new job.

However I failed my interprovincial exam in plumbing which I sat 3 week ago, I was going to apply for my PR via express entry however someone said I would no longer qualify for this route because I needed to pass the exam first, is this true? has CIC changed the rules ?

I have now been advised to go via another route which is called BC PNP for Trades , I know nothing about this route and when I read up on the info on CIC web site I get more and more confused.

Am I correct is saying that I would need to apply for BC PNP first then get registered into EE pool then if I am lucky get invitation to apply for my PR?

Also I am going to BC on my own and I am leaving my family in the UK can I still apply for BC PNP if my family isn't with me ?

Any help would greatly be appreciated or if anyone is in the same boat.

thanks
Old Sep 29th 2016, 1:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP application for Plumber with job offer

Originally Posted by mooneymo68
I have been lucky enough to get myself a job offer as a plumber in BC I fly out next week to start my new job.
Congrats!

However I failed my interprovincial exam in plumbing which I sat 3 week ago, I was going to apply for my PR via express entry however someone said I would no longer qualify for this route because I needed to pass the exam first, is this true? has CIC changed the rules ?
They've not changed the rules, no. You may need provincial certification, but more info is needed to give you an answer really. What visa are you moving over on, do you have a LMIA and are going on a standard TWP? Or is it an IEC? Or have you already received nomination and you'll be getting a TWP that way? The answer will depend on that.

I have now been advised to go via another route which is called BC PNP for Trades , I know nothing about this route and when I read up on the info on CIC web site I get more and more confused.
There is no such route! There's the Federal Skilled Trade route, is that perhaps what you're thinking of? That's what requires either a job offer, or interprovincial certification to qualify for, and is possibly what you've been told about above?

The CIC website doesn't give much info about the PNP's, because it's not really anything to do with them until you get to the PR stage, so it'll just refer you to the BC PNP website, which is very comprehensive and has a great application guide if you've not already discovered it. The eligibility and nomination stage is all done provincially rather than Federally.

Am I correct is saying that I would need to apply for BC PNP first then get registered into EE pool then if I am lucky get invitation to apply for my PR?
If you're applying under PNP then you'd apply via EE first, but I'm very confused about your planned visa route if you're planning on flying out next week - presumably you haven't received nomination yet, so aren't applying under EE/PNP?

If you can clarify, then we can try and help.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 2:34 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for the reply

I have had my credentials in plumbing assessed by ITA in BC, I had to prove I had like 9000+ hours I think and they approved my application.

I have been approved on the companies LMIA. you see I had an interview via skype like 3 months ago and the company applied for the LMIA, I flew over 4 weeks ago to sit my exam { of which I got 50% } and while I was in BC in my last week the company got approved LMIA so I went to the boarder and got my work visa. I cam back to the UK to sort a couple of things and I am flying back to start my new job next week.

I think I will have enough points via Express Entry now I have the job offer , but an immigration company told me I would no longer qualify for PR status via EE because I have to pass the exam first ... I am very confused they said the best route is BC PNP because I would have 1 year to pass the exam.

thanks
Old Sep 29th 2016, 2:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks for the reply

I have had my credentials in plumbing assessed by ITA in BC, I had to prove I had like 9000+ hours I think and they approved my application.
OK, so you're already provincially certified then surely?

I have been approved on the companies LMIA. you see I had an interview via skype like 3 months ago and the company applied for the LMIA, I flew over 4 weeks ago to sit my exam { of which I got 50% } and while I was in BC in my last week the company got approved LMIA so I went to the boarder and got my work visa. I cam back to the UK to sort a couple of things and I am flying back to start my new job next week.
Got it.

I think I will have enough points via Express Entry now I have the job offer , but an immigration company told me I would no longer qualify for PR status via EE because I have to pass the exam first ... I am very confused they said the best route is BC PNP because I would have 1 year to pass the exam.
They're talking rubbish! Yes, you will have more than enough points now you've got the LMIA, as for not being eligible, for the Federal Skilled Trades program you need either a job offer OR provincial certification. Sounds to me like you already have both anyway, but even if you don't, just the job offer/LMIA is enough.

You can check it yourself here, and see that you don't need both - Determine your eligibility — Skilled trades

So as long as you meet the other criteria in that link, you can just apply via EE (FSTP) straight away knowing that you'll have enough points to get an ITA instantly.

HTH, good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 2:55 am
Just Joined

thanks WOW I'm shocked as to why this immigration company would mislead me in that way. I will look at the above link and probably may apply with out an immigration company

thanks for you help
Old Sep 29th 2016, 2:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks WOW I'm shocked as to why this immigration company would mislead me in that way. I will look at the above link and probably may apply with out an immigration company

thanks for you help
Definitely apply without them! I wouldn't bother with any immi consultant personally, most on the forum don't use them and unless you have complicated circumstances, there's really no need to. But if you do use a company to do it for you, make sure they are ICCRC registered, and steer well clear of the company that have told you you can't apply under FST! In fact, I'd send then the link above and ask them why they say you can't apply under that program.

Good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you specifically wanted to go for Provincial Nomination via your employer then:

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...Skilled-Worker (non-express entry)
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...Skilled-Worker (express entry) - this one you need: be qualified to perform the duties of the job offered to you including all regulatory, registration, and licensing requirements to perform the duties of the occupation in B.C.

But as christmasoompa explained, with a job offer with LMIA you already should have sufficient points and don't need the certification to qualify. Personally, I think it's far better to apply without Provincial Nomination if you can, as if the job falls through at any point during the application being processed you won't have to worry!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 29th 2016 at 7:10 am.