Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bc PNP App in process, work permit exp SOON!

Wikiposts

Bc PNP App in process, work permit exp SOON!

Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:42 am
Just Joined

lausbrookes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Bc PNP App in process, work permit exp SOON!

I work seasonally for a golf course in bc, and they are nominating me for the pnp so then I can get PR. The problem is i've found a hotel job for the winter and so will be back to the golf course next march as planned but i'm not mentioning this job-which I really need for winter $$. I have an open work permit but only until jan 29th 2011 and i'm waiting to hear from my pnp which was sent very end sept this year.

So I suppose i'm REALLY hoping it comes back before my work p expires, and my social ins and drivers licence do too on the 29th jan, as i'll straight away apply for PR and be implied- i guess?

I don't know what to do to keep my job as they don't know my permit is due to expire. They will never have to know if it works out, but its keeping me awake at night worrying that I should extend my work permit asap but I can't I DON'T THINK???? I've looked at holiday visa's which I would go for mut you have to be a student i believe? I'm from the UK, and I think I will be nominated its just this limbo stage i'm aprehensive about.......

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:14 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bc PNP App in process, work permit exp SOON!

Originally Posted by lausbrookes
I work seasonally for a golf course in bc, and they are nominating me for the pnp so then I can get PR. The problem is i've found a hotel job for the winter and so will be back to the golf course next march as planned but i'm not mentioning this job-which I really need for winter $$. I have an open work permit but only until jan 29th 2011 and i'm waiting to hear from my pnp which was sent very end sept this year.

So I suppose i'm REALLY hoping it comes back before my work p expires, and my social ins and drivers licence do too on the 29th jan, as i'll straight away apply for PR and be implied- i guess?

I don't know what to do to keep my job as they don't know my permit is due to expire. They will never have to know if it works out, but its keeping me awake at night worrying that I should extend my work permit asap but I can't I DON'T THINK???? I've looked at holiday visa's which I would go for mut you have to be a student i believe? I'm from the UK, and I think I will be nominated its just this limbo stage i'm aprehensive about.......

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kind of permit are you here on at the moment?

If your current permit expires and you apply for PR you do NOT get implied status. You would have to either get a work permit or a visitor permit to see you through until your PR came through.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

Hey Lausbrookes,
My husband and i are in exactly the same situation! We are here on Bunac visas and applied for BC PNP on Sept 20th. Our current visa runs out 25th Jan and according to the reply they sent we are looking at a response date of Jan 20th!!!! My boss called them and they said the won't even look at the application until early January! WTF! So we wait, and try to plan for both eventualities. If the answer doesn't come in time we have a return ticket to the UK but I think we will forgo that and go across the border get our passport stamped as visitors when we come back in and wait some more! We are not allowed to work but with some luck it won't take much longer before we get an answer either way. Try not to worry over things you have no control over it is pointless. Make plans for both out comes, then you are as prepared as you can be and you may sleep a little deeper in the knowledge you have done all you can.
Good luck and think positive!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Would your employer apply for a LMO for you so that you can continue to work? And do look in to Bunac as there is a non-student visa option if you are eligible, although the program isn't opening until January so the earliest you'd be able to get the WHV would be about March time - so you'd have a couple of months not being able to work (whatever you do, don't work illegally or it'll screw up your PR application).

BC PNP seems to be taking a while at the mo, recent reports on the forum seem to say about 5 or 6 months to get a response, so you'll have to factor that in when considering what to do.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 9th 2010 at 12:23 am.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

nichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud of

Just to throw another question into the muddle: does BC PNP give you implied status until the PR approval arrives?

I don't know, but I might have to find out soon myself. My wife (nurse) & I applied for BC PNP in August 09 and were approved in Nov 09. We sat on it for a few months and then carried on with the next stage (PR application) in April 2010. Medicals were first week of September, and we're still waiting for news, although we have another 3 months until our TWP expires.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 11:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by nichburton
Just to throw another question into the muddle: does BC PNP give you implied status until the PR approval arrives?

I don't know, but I might have to find out soon myself. My wife (nurse) & I applied for BC PNP in August 09 and were approved in Nov 09. We sat on it for a few months and then carried on with the next stage (PR application) in April 2010. Medicals were first week of September, and we're still waiting for news, although we have another 3 months until our TWP expires.
No. You must keep your status valid. BC PNP can give you a facilitation letter to renew your work permit without obtaining a new LMO.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nichburton

Hi
we have applied via the same route and are still waiting, our application went at the same time as you guys, im also a nurse, our TWP's dont run out till june 2012.

we have had our medicals in sept and still nothing, buffalow seem to be on a go slow approach

kae