British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   BC PNP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/bc-pnp-883953/)

GMcD1983 Sep 28th 2016 7:36 pm

BC PNP

Hi all,

I have some BC PNP questions, if anyone can help please? It would be great to here from anyone that has already received a nomination or has applied and is waiting on the nomination.

1. Does you know if you need to upload job reference letters with the BC PNP application, or is it literally just the Job Offer form and letters from the employer offering you the job that you need? The program guides seems to only list those and nothing else and I can't find a list of what is needed at the point of application?

2. Has anyone recently applied for the BC PNP? The processing time for the nomination is currently 2-3 months, just wondering if anyone has any experience they can feedback on of this?

3. My boyfriend doesn't currently have a work permit, so would need to apply for one once he receives the nomination (whilst we wait for PR) with a nomination support letter, processing time for this says currently 5 weeks, if anyone has any experience of this, it would be great to know what's involved?

Thanks

Snowy560 Sep 28th 2016 8:59 pm

Re: BC PNP

Hi

Have you read the Program Guide?
The BCPNP is an invitation only application now.
You have to register and see if you get invited to apply.

S

GMcD1983 Sep 28th 2016 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Snowy560 (Post 12063837)
Hi

Have you read the Program Guide?
The BCPNP is an invitation only application now.
You have to register and see if you get invited to apply.

S

Hi Snowy, yes I have read that cover to cover a number of times. I'm aware you have to wait for an ITA. I am looking for information about the process past that point, when completing the application so we can be prepared for that eventuality.

Thanks

sazzle.pops Oct 6th 2016 11:17 pm

Hey,

Ive just gone through the process and am currently now awaiting a decision on my PR.

For my Employment I had to upload:
Job Offer Form
Employer Recommendation letter
Copy of the offer of employment
Detailed job description
Company information
Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
Copy of the valid B.C. Business Licence

Once I received my invitation to apply to PNP it took 95 days to receive my nomination, so I would work to the 3 month estimate.

I had just under 3 months left on my current work permit and received a Work permit Support letter along with my Certificate of Nomination automatically via email within 1 week. I did not need to request this separately.

I hope that helps.

GMcD1983 Oct 8th 2016 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by sazzle.pops (Post 12070378)
Hey,

Ive just gone through the process and am currently now awaiting a decision on my PR.

For my Employment I had to upload:
Job Offer Form
Employer Recommendation letter
Copy of the offer of employment
Detailed job description
Company information
Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
Copy of the valid B.C. Business Licence

Once I received my invitation to apply to PNP it took 95 days to receive my nomination, so I would work to the 3 month estimate.

I had just under 3 months left on my current work permit and received a Work permit Support letter along with my Certificate of Nomination automatically via email within 1 week. I did not need to request this separately.

I hope that helps.

Hi Sazzlepops,

That's really helpful, thank you. Sounds like all of the previous job reference letters are saved for the PR application, which is good news, because that gives us more time to sort those, and we already have a full understanding of what is required for that process. Good to know you got your support letter automatically too.

Thank you, good luck with your PR application.