Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bank Statement (during landing...)!?!

Bank Statement (during landing...)!?!

Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Bank Statement (during landing...)!?!

Hi all,

my bank provided me with the following bank statement:

Dear Sirs,

We hereby declare that Mr. XXXXXX is a valued customer of our bank and enjoys a good reputation.
We believe that Mr. XXXXXX has such financial means so as to be able to meet his arrangements in a correct and regular
way. Please be also informed that his current account presently shows a balance over 10.000 CND
(ten-thousand canadian dollars). We issue this letter without any responsability or guarantee on our part, for the
purposes admitted by the law.

Yours Sincerely.

Is it enough?

What about the address? Should I write the generic "To Whom it may concern" or "Citizenship and Immigration Canada" or whatelse?

Thanks people, have a nice day and let me know what you think!

Cry
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:36 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Statement (during landing...)!?!

Already bracing urself up for the move cry????
I cant help u with this, but I just wanted to know if anything new is happening on ur side??
I am hoping that u should be in Canada in August
Just out of curiousity, where are u planning to land?? Ontario or BC or where?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be sufficient

Originally Posted by cryout
Hi all,

my bank provided me with the following bank statement:

Dear Sirs,

We hereby declare that Mr. XXXXXX is a valued customer of our bank and enjoys a good reputation.
We believe that Mr. XXXXXX has such financial means so as to be able to meet his arrangements in a correct and regular
way. Please be also informed that his current account presently shows a balance over 10.000 CND
(ten-thousand canadian dollars). We issue this letter without any responsability or guarantee on our part, for the
purposes admitted by the law.

Yours Sincerely.

Is it enough?

What about the address? Should I write the generic "To Whom it may concern" or "Citizenship and Immigration Canada" or whatelse?

Thanks people, have a nice day and let me know what you think!

Cry
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amancharan
Already bracing urself up for the move cry????
I cant help u with this, but I just wanted to know if anything new is happening on ur side??
I am hoping that u should be in Canada in August
Just out of curiousity, where are u planning to land?? Ontario or BC or where?

Ciao Ama,

yep, I'm moving forward to prepare all the red tape for landing and closing things in my country...
I hope I can make it by August...I will land at Toronto's Pearson and I am going to settle in beautiful Toronto...I lived there for over one year and I loved it! Let me know when you'll visit Toronto and we can have a !

Cry
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Should be sufficient

Thanks a lot Andrew, I really appreciated your help...

How about the attention of the letter? CIC? To Whom it may concern? something else?

Cry
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't matter

Originally Posted by cryout
Thanks a lot Andrew, I really appreciated your help...

How about the attention of the letter? CIC? To Whom it may concern? something else?

Cry
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:12 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry I haven't been on here much but..........

........Great news Cry!!! So glad you finally made it!! When we landed, our Officer never asked for any documentation apart from our passports. He never asked to see any bank statements either.

Best of luck in your new life!!!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Sorry I haven't been on here much but..........

........Great news Cry!!! So glad you finally made it!! When we landed, our Officer never asked for any documentation apart from our passports. He never asked to see any bank statements either.

Best of luck in your new life!!!

Thanks Tia!

well, I know sometimes they never ask for proof of funds during landing, but better be prepared to this possibility...

Cry