Bank draft vs. electronic payment

Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

KayRM is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Bank draft vs. electronic payment

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum so please be easy on me. I intend to immigrate to Canada and I have recently managed to accumulate the full 67 points (through work experience in an area which IS on the current list of 38). I know the list of occupations in demand is about to change but I have got all the foms ready and want to put my application in asap (may be if I can get it to Nova Scotia within the next week or so using an international courier service). But the only hurdle is proving to the bank draft which my bank has told me can take upto 5 working days. So, thinking of alternatives, I found on CIC's website that applicants can also pay with a debit/credit card. I spoke to someone who has just been through the process and had their PR application approved to confirm this but they told me that at the time when they were applying, there was no online payment system in place for CIC applicants residing outside Canada. I am wondering if anyone of you kind members will be able to confirm this.

I'm making a last minute rush to be able to get my application in before the 1st of May (cuz I believe thats when the new set of rules come out?) but the bank draft is coming in my way so if I can get the job done through an alternative form of payment, that would be great.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank draft vs. electronic payment

Originally Posted by KayRM
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum so please be easy on me. I intend to immigrate to Canada and I have recently managed to accumulate the full 67 points (through work experience in an area which IS on the current list of 38). I know the list of occupations in demand is about to change but I have got all the foms ready and want to put my application in asap (may be if I can get it to Nova Scotia within the next week or so using an international courier service). But the only hurdle is proving to the bank draft which my bank has told me can take upto 5 working days. So, thinking of alternatives, I found on CIC's website that applicants can also pay with a debit/credit card. I spoke to someone who has just been through the process and had their PR application approved to confirm this but they told me that at the time when they were applying, there was no online payment system in place for CIC applicants residing outside Canada. I am wondering if anyone of you kind members will be able to confirm this.

I'm making a last minute rush to be able to get my application in before the 1st of May (cuz I believe thats when the new set of rules come out?) but the bank draft is coming in my way so if I can get the job done through an alternative form of payment, that would be great.
The payment form (IMM 5620) has a credit card section, so you just fill that in.

Good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

KayRM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank draft vs. electronic payment

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The payment form (IMM 5620) has a credit card section, so you just fill that in.

Good luck!
Thank you , i should do that straight away.