Wikiposts

bank draft

Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bank draft

please can someone shed some light for me...basically we sent bank draft with application etc etc just trying to see if its been cashed....now im confused over this bit as when we had the draft drawn up from our bank it got taken out of our account even before we posted our application so how am i supposed to know if canada have cashed it.......
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bank draft

ask the bank, they will be able to tell you
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:35 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

A draft is always taken out of an account as soon it is drawn, it is guaranteed funds. Call the issuing bank and ask them.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

i assumed it would be used like a cheque and they would bank it in canada and i would see the funds go this end, but i cant understand why the bank took the money from my account straight away without me even posting the cheque to canada off.....so if canada bank the cheque then where does the money come from as the bank have already taken it from my account....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:44 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
i assumed it would be used like a cheque and they would bank it in canada and i would see the funds go this end, but i cant understand why the bank took the money from my account straight away without me even posting the cheque to canada off.....so if canada bank the cheque then where does the money come from as the bank have already taken it from my account....
In simple terms it comes from the issuing bank's account with whichever bank the draft is drawn on in Canada, in Canadian dollars. It's called a correspondent account. That's where the funds are credited when the issuing bank debits you account
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Thistle is an unknown quantity at this point

My bank told me that I would have to pay £25 to find out if the draft had been cashed.I think I will wait it out until I hear from the CIC.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

It's still early days yet, I would give it another couple of weeks.

Goodluck

Poppit
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

I would wait a little longer. We received a receipt in the mail about 4-5 weeks after sending the payment/paperwork.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Thistle
My bank told me that I would have to pay £25 to find out if the draft had been cashed.I think I will wait it out until I hear from the CIC.
That's outrageous!!!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Banks are shameless these days! checking if a bank draft has been cashed takes 5 mins without spending a penny. Its all on the system, they get feedback through automated systems all the time. Now why should be charge people for what is basically 'after sales service' Ridiculous!

Originally Posted by Thistle
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:10 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Banks are shameless these days! checking if a bank draft has been cashed takes 5 mins without spending a penny. Its all on the system, they get feedback through automated systems all the time. Now why should be charge people for what is basically 'after sales service' Ridiculous!
Worth remembering for anyone who has yet to post their application that credit card payment is now allowed. This way, we should see it as a draw in our own card statements once charged.

Anything to avoid another bank fee.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 4:16 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they are spending, everything they do costs money. First off I am not that I am defending banks exorbitantly high fees and profits. This is just economics, the systems they use cost money to buy maintain and replace, the buildings to buy/rent maintain and insure, labour etc.etc. Times one transaction by the many thousands of requests a day that 'cost nothing' and they have a huge bill and unhappy shareholders.

Many complain about banks and other organisations charges, these profits go to covering costs and to shareholders. Whether we know it or not, many of us are likley bank shareholders, if you have investments in a pension fund or many other investment funds, you could well own a part of a bank and benefit from these profits. Once they start under performing, then there is something else to complain about.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

You are clearly a LARGE FAT shareholder in a major bank somehere and must be enthusiatically attending board meeting too , I guess.

So there's no concept of after sales service in banking, right?

One of these days banks will charge people for many other things :

entering the building, speaking to the banker....using the pen on the counter and what not. Ifs far too easy to justify charges, its all a way of cashing in with a profit. What can I say!

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Of course they are spending, everything they do costs money. First off I am not that I am defending banks exorbitantly high fees and profits. This is just economics, the systems they use cost money to buy maintain and replace, the buildings to buy/rent maintain and insure, labour etc.etc. Times one transaction by the many thousands of requests a day that 'cost nothing' and they have a huge bill and unhappy shareholders.

Many complain about banks and other organisations charges, these profits go to covering costs and to shareholders. Whether we know it or not, many of us are likley bank shareholders, if you have investments in a pension fund or many other investment funds, you could well own a part of a bank and benefit from these profits. Once they start under performing, then there is something else to complain about.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 2:52 pm

What can I say!
Obviously nothing credible
Old Sep 27th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

[quote=The Aviator;7970185]Obviously nothing credible.....greedy shareholder!!!