The Ball is Rolling.

Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice
Default The Ball is Rolling.

Well I guesstimated that we would be sending our application off today and I just got back from the UPS depot. It should be there midday Thus.

Now I originally thought getting our 800gramms of application finally ready would have given us that big sigh of relief, but it did not.
Then last night, I thought sealing the envelope would do it. It did not, but we were sure getting it sent out would do it.

It did not. Now I am thinking I will get the sigh of relief when I get the AOR, but I am worrying that may not do it either. I guess it does not come until you get your PPR.

Well here's hoping for a speedy process. Fingers crossed. Man I need a cuppa.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:50 pm
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

wotowoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Ball is Rolling.

Originally Posted by tom17
Well I guesstimated that we would be sending our application off today and I just got back from the UPS depot. It should be there midday Thus.

Now I originally thought getting our 800gramms of application finally ready would have given us that big sigh of relief, but it did not.
Then last night, I thought sealing the envelope would do it. It did not, but we were sure getting it sent out would do it.

It did not. Now I am thinking I will get the sigh of relief when I get the AOR, but I am worrying that may not do it either. I guess it does not come until you get your PPR.

Well here's hoping for a speedy process. Fingers crossed. Man I need a cuppa.
Hi Tom, i know what you mean. We sent ours last thursday, and i kind of breathed a sigh of relief, but now i'm just trying to control myself into becoming as patient as a saint! The way i look at it is that if AOR comes by christmas, then thats in the 3 month time frame that CHC are quoting. I'm hoping it will be quicker because i have a job offer and approval by the HRSDC. Apparently this fast tracks your application, although i have to stop myself thinking that way in case of disappointment.

I will break out the champagne when the visas are in my hands!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

Similar timeframe then. Good luck!

I'm thinking I may break out the Champers when we move into our new house, yeah, that will be a gooood occasion

Until then, I will just sit here all worried like.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Hi Tom and everyone who are just starting out with this process. I sympathize with the way you're feeling.

I can honestly say that in the 3.5 years we've been filling in WP apps and PR app and waiting, waiting, waiting, the only true breaths of relief I have taken were when we got an 18 month WP approved half way through our stay here, and when we got our medicals approved for PR. The rest of the time has been frustrating and stressful - and we're actually here already living in Canada.

It's almost over for us (just waiting now for return of passports) and I wish I had some words of wisdom to help with the waiting for you guys... but nothing springs to mind.

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:08 am
Dreaming of Tim Hortons!

wotowoto is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest, i'm glad that all the form filling is over with for a bit, as now we can leave it to CHC and the man upstairs. I'm not stressed at the moment, as all we can do is wait, look forward to xmas, and just try and forget about it and get on with our lives until they require a little more blood!!
It will all be worth it in the end!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Is it wrong to bore everyone with every detail of our application?

If not, then UPS now has it listed as on its way to Missisauga!! God look at me, it's not even in their hands and I am getting excited lol Imagine what I will be like when they have signed for it, or they respond to us.

If, however, it is wrong to bore you, then please look into this pen.. *flash* You aint seen me. Roight!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

trudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nice

Hi Tom
Are you doing yours via Berlin? we recieved our AOR in January 2006 saying if we had not heard from them in 12 months to contact them , fianlly after several attempts, we heard back last week,they stated they were working on the end of 2005 AOR, and we should hear fairly soon.
I wish you all the best, but be prepared to wait a little longer than you thought.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi trudyparry, welcome to BE!

Nope, we are going through London.

What sponsorship class are you doing?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:01 am
Just Joined

trudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nice

Hi Tom
We are going skilled worker class, I have skills in Retail and Banking at a management level, and from my time following my husband (Electronics Tech in HMforces, now completed 22yrs) Medical Secretary, and a Community Information Officer. I also have an uncle living in Massasauga, we are using a firm of solicitors to act for us. We have sold our house and are now living with husbands mother.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

DELIVERED AND SIGNED FOR!!!

Ahem, sorry about that

Now I just have to wait a month or so till they open it

@trudyparry. Good luck Why did you mention Berlin by the way, are you in Germany too?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Tom
I mentioned Berlin, because when we first applied we were living in Germany and had done for 7 years, but we are back in UK now.:curse:
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

WOOHOO!!! It's in e-cas now! "Decision Made" on the 12th Oct! A letter is in the post.

This actually excited us and we did a stupid lil dance. Hope no-one saw us through the window!

Now we are waiting for that letter (It had better be positive) and the rest of the application goes to London. Bad timing with the postal strikes, but at least the ball is rolling further now
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:33 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

You never know someone might have taken photos of the dancing, enjoy that feeling, soon be packing!
Charlie
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Oh we have started the packing already. 54 days to go, a flat full of furniture to sell, and a flat full of shite to send through the post.

The nerves are starting to wreck with the logistics of the move though. But at least the VISA is starting to work. At this rate I am thinking I may be able to start work before the end of January!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

The letter arrived in the post today! "We are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"!! WOO! Well I guess that was inevitable.

But they did something unexpected - they sent it to Berlin rather than the London, UK office as we asked. Now on the letter they explain that "Applications for Permanent Resident must be processed by the visa office responsible for the applicant's country of nationality, OR the country where the applicant has been lawfully admitted for at least one year, OR etc..."

Well maybe my meaning of "or" is warped cos my understanding of that statement is that the London office would be fine as my nationality is English. Did I mis-understand "OR" or something?

Well I hope this does not affect the processing at all. Fingers crossed and HURRY UP BERLIN!

Tom...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.