Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Badly need your help regarding PNP BC

Badly need your help regarding PNP BC

Old Aug 17th 2013, 6:10 am
Just Joined

liljinx01ph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Badly need your help regarding PNP BC

I hope someone would be able to help me on this.

I'm a licensed dentist (NOC 3113) in Canada but can't work yet for I am still on TRV. i know my case seems very contradicting. The Dental Council allowed foreigners to challenge the licensure examinations and when I passed, they allowed me to register in BC. So basically, I can practice dentistry since I am already licensed BUT cannot work since I don't have a visa yet. I already talked (over the phone) to immigration consultants and lawyers of my situation and they too are not sure how to handle my case.

So I searched online and seems like PNP BC is a good option for me. Luckily, I found an employer who is willing to support my PNP BC Application.

Here are my questions:

- How long does the recruitment effort need to be done? My employer already advertised in workbc and different job sites. Is 2 weeks enough?
- Supposing I got nominated and was given work permit support letter, can I just go to the border to get my work permit eventhough I am NOT from visa-exempt country and am just holding a visitor's visa?
- Supposing I can't go to the border to get my visa and need to mail in my application, can I process it inland? Can I process it while I am in Canada? If not, can I just go to US and have it processed there? I don't want to go back to my home country since plane fare is very expensive.
- I know that nomination of BC takes 8-12 weeks but has anyone here experienced earlier than this?
- Can I still stay in Canada while my application is being processed? My TRV will expire on end of January 2014. Although I have multiple entry TRV (valid until 2016) but I might have a problem re-entering if I stay in Canada for the whole 6 months, exit to US and stay there for 2 weeks and enter Canada again.

Thank you so much in advance for your replies.

Cheers.