Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

bad relationship with the present employer

bad relationship with the present employer

Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bad relationship with the present employer

To all experts,

My present employer knew already that I am applying as immigrant to Canada, because of this, his not fair to me anymore. Sometimes I cannot understand him. My worries is that, if the Canadian embassy will call our office he might not tell the truth. There are times that I am thinking of resigning.

What will I do.

waitingforsolong
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:41 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: bad relationship with the present employer

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
To all experts,

My present employer knew already that I am applying as immigrant to Canada, because of this, his not fair to me anymore. Sometimes I cannot understand him. My worries is that, if the Canadian embassy will call our office he might not tell the truth. There are times that I am thinking of resigning.

What will I do.

waitingforsolong
This is quite a personal thing you are going through and I would contact your agent for some advice. If you dont have an agent, then find one that you may be able to talk to.

Is there anyway that you can talk in private to your employer to at least try and resolve it.

Please dont resign without at least trying to sort things out.

Sometimes confronting the person directly can sort it out.

I really hope it works out for you.

Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Max Chaudhary is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes immigration offices receive 'poison pen' letters from persons who want to sabotage an immigration application. it would thus be in your interest to resolve your differences with the employer.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
This is quite a personal thing you are going through and I would contact your agent for some advice. If you dont have an agent, then find one that you may be able to talk to.

Is there anyway that you can talk in private to your employer to at least try and resolve it.

Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Max,

Yeah and that bothers me. His not expecting me to leave him because I am employed for almost 7 years. Maybe one of this days I will really talk to him heart to heart before the Canadian embassy will conduct a background check. Thanks for your advice.

waitingforsolong

Originally Posted by Max Chaudhary
Sometimes immigration offices receive 'poison pen' letters from persons who want to sabotage an immigration application. it would thus be in your interest to resolve your differences with the employer.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Professional Princess,

Thanks, I am applying on my own since May, 2001. I will try to do you advice, one of this days. I have to gather more strength.

waitingforsolong

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi waiting...,

All I can say about your employer is that he's not only unprofessional but pathetic as well. He has no right to sabotage your future! Maybe he is envious because you have a brighter future than him. Or maybe you reminded him of his traumatic experience with his failed immigration (who knows he used to be a PR applicant but got refused) and he hates people who reminds him on matters like this. Pardon me for speculating but this could be true you know.

Anyway, the best way to restore your good relationship is to discuss it in a diplomatic way. Assure him that your application will still take a few more years before it is finalized. Let him feel that your future departure from the company won't cripple the company's operation.

To all experts,

What will I do.

waitingforsolong
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:34 pm
Professional Princess

Hello Professional Princess,

Thanks, I am applying on my own since May, 2001. I will try to do you advice, one of this days. I have to gather more strength.

waitingforsolong
Hi again, hope you are well.

I was thinking about your situation last night. Try and make contact with an agent as soon as you can.

The better prepared you are for this, the better you will feel and in turn, gain more strength.

Sometimes an outsiders point of view can put things into perspective, it really can.

Now I know I shouldnt really be in this forum, as we are planning to go to Australia (Canada is our second choice), but from what I can gather, the agent Andrew Miller seems very professional.

If you check back, he always answers questions promptly on this forum and I think that if anybody could give you good advice, he could.

Please don't leave it too late. The more someone picks at your self confidence, the less you will have.

And you need all the strength you can for emigrating!

You will be fine, I promise. But only if you tackle the problem.

Good luck

Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting. I was trying to look at your case at a different angle.
You must have thought of this before you sent your application for PR. I don`t think discussing this matter with your employer would solve your problem. Even if he supports you or not, he could easily turn his back on you because you will never know if the CIC had already spoken to him. Worse thing is even if you quit your job, the CIC could still contact him.

You also have to understand your employer that if things develops on your favor, it would just be a matter of time before you leave the company. IN this case, he can`t plan anything for you in long term basis.

I would be inclined to write a formal letter to CIC and request them not to contact your present employer directly for reference and provide them with an alternate contact person. You can just explain your situation that it could jeopardize your employment.

Depending upon the behaviour your employer and your relationship with him, things might get worst and quiting might be inevitable. I guess if you could get a similar job stay there and accumulate your experience, you might get a better chance. And be clever, DO NOT tell them you are applying to go to Canada.

To all experts,

What will I do.

waitingforsolong

Last edited by Redwings; Oct 8th 2004 at 2:15 am.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:10 am
Just Joined

preet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redwings
I would be inclined to write a formal letter to CIC and request them not to contact your present employer directly for reference and provide them with an alternate contact person. You can just explain your situation that it could jeopardize your employment.
Will CIC contact my spouse employer also , as I am the principal applicant. Can I tell them at our interview, not to contat him. Will that be right to do, if yes then whats the best way to tell. We don't want to lose our jobs here.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

By reading previous post here, CIC do call the employers.

I believe CIC is aware that something like this could happen and they would understant. I think this is not the first time it happened and telling by any means would be best.

Originally Posted by preet
Will CIC contact my spouse employer also , as I am the principal applicant. Can I tell them at our interview, not to contat him. Will that be right to do, if yes then whats the best way to tell. We don't want to lose our jobs here.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 6:11 am
Just Joined

preet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redwings
By reading previous post here, CIC do call the employers.

I believe CIC is aware that something like this could happen and they would understant. I think this is not the first time it happened and telling by any means would be best.
Thanks Redwings