Bad luck

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Bad luck

You all may remember I had a problem with FBI Clearance and i sent expedite etc etc which was successful. But the sad news is that they sent out the processed request using my pre paid global express envelope and that too has lost since it is 10 days now and the tracking number given by usps shows no activity for 9 days. USPS says FBI posted so they have to query and off course FBI has no time for that. So I have to re do whole process for 3 rd time and I have a deadline date which appears impossible to meet now.
I have been so down and tired ..I am so disgusted by USPS right now coz I paid a fortune to ensure the delivery.

Just needed to share.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 12:24 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Bad luck

Originally Posted by triniangel
You all may remember I had a problem with FBI Clearance and i sent expedite etc etc which was successful. But the sad news is that they sent out the processed request using my pre paid global express envelope and that too has lost since it is 10 days now and the tracking number given by usps shows no activity for 9 days. USPS says FBI posted so they have to query and off course FBI has no time for that. So I have to re do whole process for 3 rd time and I have a deadline date which appears impossible to meet now.
I have been so down and tired ..I am so disgusted by USPS right now coz I paid a fortune to ensure the delivery.

Just needed to share.
triniangel

that is horrible, you have my full compassion. But do not give up, keep fighting. You should do everything in your power.

Notify CIC of what happened and tell them you have ordered a new one
Order a new one immediately
Pester USPS with desperate phone calls
Prewrite a letter you have the FBI sign and fax back to you which authorizes you to enquire at USPS on their behalf.
look around your house if the delivery person may have put the letter somewhere else but the mailbox (I once had a fedex missing which eventually I found in an abandoned milk box on the other side of the house months later)

Just dont give up!!!

We are with you here, and let us know how it goes.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Chuck_H. is an unknown quantity at this point

Just needed to share.
Hi triniangel...I'm sorry to hear about your mishap. Believe me, I feel your pain, when it comes to the USPS. Long story short, I helped my parents move into a new home and moved with them. Put our mail "on hold" on July 1st. (meds were completed, so PPR could show up anytime now) move into the new home on July 26th, which is the same day the old post office received our change of address letter. But guess what...to this very day, no forwarded mail!! Kept calling ASK USPS, but all they can tell you is, "its in the system".

But, if this helps, you can call 1-800-ASK-USPS and then ask for the consumer affairs department of the postal service in your area. Call them and they are much more helpful than ASK USPS. At least they seemed more concerned about our situation, and sent out a test letter to see if we eventually would get it. I say it can't hurt to try. Like mhhp said, dont give up yet. I'd look into every option available. And contact CIC and let them know...I'm sure you did, but I just stated it, in case you might have been too emotionally drained. Good luck!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:37 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Just needed to share.
Thats really unfortunate triniangel!
I would ask for a little bit of time from the CIC for the documents to be submitted! If you dont get anything soon, then you have no choice but to re-apply!
Keep us briefed on the situation and if you need anyone to share, u know that this forum and its members are there....
Good Luck mate!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amancharan
I would ask for a little bit of time from the CIC for the documents to be submitted! If you dont get anything soon, then you have no choice but to re-apply!
Keep us briefed on the situation and if you need anyone to share, u know that this forum and its members are there....
Good Luck mate!
Thanks for all the support. I have resolved to send in a new request to FBI and I will call them to ensure expedited service and i have 2 weeks to get it to CHC so although I have given up on usps I have not given up on the FBI. I will not be defeated!!
I will ensure i get my insurance from usps too. such a let down in this day and age won't you say?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

triniangel, I know how you feel, but trust me you will get over it once things sorted out, just don't give up do your bit and pray for the rest when its not your fault don't sadden or blame yourself its just beyond your hand, and besides whats been said I would suggest that you write or fax fbi and ask them to send you a replacement or to process your new application faster explaining the whole situation.
Good luck

Originally Posted by amancharan
Good Luck mate!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

Back in January 05 , when i requested FBI Clearance certificate , they did'nt print my address in right format. So my post office kept it for 4 weeks and finally returned it back to FBI, then they corrected address and sent it back to me, by then i had already left that place but mail forwarding thing was in place, so it got forwarded to my current address. Actually, in my case FBI Clearance cert was not required, bcaz it was submitted with application. They just requested police cert from my native country but just to be on the safe side I requested FBI one too. Reason for telling this whole story is that they are not silly people and they take good care of each and every letter they receive and send. Just wait for some more time and you should get it. If you are desparate and you want it ASAP and you really can't wait then send them another card and mark it for expedite processing. May God help you.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:40 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Bad luck

As a US federal government employee, I WILL NEVER even use USPS services.

Next step:
1. Notify CIC RPC Buffalo, you run into some snafu with our government lovely mailing services (supplement with all documents) and request them to stretch the deadline.
2. Keep hassling USPS.
3. If step 2 doesn't work, file Freedom of Information Acts request for your background check on the basis of USPS Negligence to speed things up.
http://foia.fbi.gov/
4. If step 2 and 3 don't work (HIGHLY UNLIKELY), file writ of mandamus to the US Federal Court in your district to expedite your file.

FYI:
Dealing with ANY government entity (US, CAnada, Mexico, etc.), it's always hurry up and wait.
Dot all eyes and cross all teeth when filing documents.
If else fails, there are Xanax, effexor, zoloft, and prozac.