Background:deportation???

Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Ingrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Background:deportation???

I would like to get some help with this issue.
Does being deported from the USA matters in terms of immigration to Canada as a permanent resident?
The deportation has an an admissibility period and its over, but the reason for inadmissibility was : having a fraud visa at port of entry (usa).
Please if someone has any relevant information about this, help me!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Background:deportation???

Depends on your nationality and the circumastances that you are in. Consult Jim or Andrews as they are consultants on this forum or your personal lawyer (immigration ).
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

Seriously, fraud visa? How do people end up with problems like this? I thought you just overstayed your admission but this is a really serious offence.

Anyway, this stuff will show up in your background declaration schedule and, if you lived in the US for longer than 6 months, maybe even the security check will reveal this. Bottom line, this will definitely matter to the immigration officer as you have demonstrated fraudulent behaviour in terms of immigration. Better get a lawyer to fix this.

Originally Posted by Ingrid
I would like to get some help with this issue.
Does being deported from the USA matters in terms of immigration to Canada as a permanent resident?
The deportation has an an admissibility period and its over, but the reason for inadmissibility was : having a fraud visa at port of entry (usa).
Please if someone has any relevant information about this, help me!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:32 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bartM
Seriously, fraud visa? How do people end up with problems like this? I thought you just overstayed your admission but this is a really serious offence.

Anyway, this stuff will show up in your background declaration schedule and, if you lived in the US for longer than 6 months, maybe even the security check will reveal this. Bottom line, this will definitely matter to the immigration officer as you have demonstrated fraudulent behaviour in terms of immigration. Better get a lawyer to fix this.
You should definitely consult a professional. This seems to me beyond the type of issues, that can be addressed successfully and reliably in a forum like this.