Wikiposts

Background Declaration Imm 0008

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road
Default Background Declaration Imm 0008

Can anyone help with who exactly has to fill in this form? I am sponsoring my husband and I am just wondering if I also need to fill in a background declaration? It states that the principle applicant and spouse (if applicable) fill it in, if I am the sponsor do I still need to fill it in?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Background Declaration Imm 0008

Are you a Canadain citizen? or are you applying as a SW and bringing your husband? If you are a citizen sponsoring, I'm 99.9% sure you don't need to fill in the form, just your husband need fill out the form.

If you were applying as SW and bringing your husband as well, then you would be the principal applicant and your husband would be the accompaning spouse, and you would both fill in the form.

However, I believe you are a Canadian citizen sponsoring your spouse and therefore he would be the principal applicant and you would be the sponsor and only he need fill in the form

I hope an expert will confirm this to be true.

Originally Posted by ijstewart
Can anyone help with who exactly has to fill in this form? I am sponsoring my husband and I am just wondering if I also need to fill in a background declaration? It states that the principle applicant and spouse (if applicable) fill it in, if I am the sponsor do I still need to fill it in?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband. Thank you for your comments, we will see what the experts have to say.

Originally Posted by vietcan
Are you a Canadain citizen? or are you applying as a SW and bringing your husband? If you are a citizen sponsoring, I'm 99.9% sure you don't need to fill in the form, just your husband need fill out the form.

If you were applying as SW and bringing your husband as well, then you would be the principal applicant and your husband would be the accompaning spouse, and you would both fill in the form.

However, I believe you are a Canadian citizen sponsoring your spouse and therefore he would be the principal applicant and you would be the sponsor and only he need fill in the form

I hope an expert will confirm this to be true.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ijstewart
I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband. Thank you for your comments, we will see what the experts have to say.

Im not an expert, however you do not need to fill in this form only your husband, i just filed my case to Mississauga and it was approved first stage and only i completed the form i am being sponsored. Good luck with the process.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Utah to New York and New York to Quebec or Elsewhere, confused!
Utah2Quebec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Im not an expert, however you do not need to fill in this form only your husband, i just filed my case to Mississauga and it was approved first stage and only i completed the form i am being sponsored. Good luck with the process.
I have a question about background declaration form as well. I am applying as Quebec Skilled Worker category and curretly living in the US.

How did you guys remember street names and numbers of the places you have lived since you were 18 years old?

I am having hard time finding exact addresses I have lived since I was 18 years old. I know the cities, states, and countries, but not street addresses.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Canredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Utah2Quebec
How did you guys remember street names and numbers of the places you have lived since you were 18 years old?

Any ideas?
I looked through my old letters from friends and relatives for addresses on envelopes, etc. but I am a packrat and save things like that.

However, the best source of information was copies of my tax returns...hopefully you have those or could get them from the taxing authority where you filed. They will have your address at the time you filed your taxes, at least.