Wikiposts

background checks

Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default background checks

Since receiving my IA in July, how is it that neither my former employer nor my university advisor have gotten any telephonic enquiry calls for background checks? I presume that beckground and security checks must have been authorized once the waiver was issued.

Do the cic check the backgrounds of each and every applicant or is it a random search based on how thoroughly the applicants' credentials have been presented?

Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:56 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: background checks

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Since receiving my IA in July, how is it that neither my former employer nor my university advisor have gotten any telephonic enquiry calls for background checks? I presume that beckground and security checks must have been authorized once the waiver was issued.

Do the cic check the backgrounds of each and every applicant or is it a random search based on how thoroughly the applicants' credentials have been presented?

Thanks for your time.
Hi!

I actually had the same question! I also received my IA in July. My AOR was in January 04. We must have similar timeline! I sent my medicals and FBI Clearance by the end of August, how about you?

I'm thinking I will hopefully receive passport request by end on November or early December. The wait is killing me!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi MJ,
My timeline so far:
Applied: sept 2003
AOR: Nov 2003
IA: July 2004
Med: July 2004
Docs sent: Sept 2004
Waiting

As u can see, i have probably had to wait longer for my IA in the first place...yet as far as medicals and other documents are concerned, we are pretty much neck to neck. When in July did u get the IA? was it early july or late july? Did u confirm that the consulate received ur medicals?

Going by the general 4 month time gap after IA, i am expecting to hear something by early november..at least something by the end of this year. Hopefully won't get caught up in the festive season around end november...december.

This wait is so difficult, i am literally counting minutes..time has slowed down to a crawl.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

another thing..
assuming u are applying under the skilled worker category, did u confirm with ur employers (in case u are not self employed) whether they received any telephone calls from cic?lemme know
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:58 am
The ECA Godfather

another thing..
assuming u are applying under the skilled worker category, did u confirm with ur employers (in case u are not self employed) whether they received any telephone calls from cic?lemme know

I received my IA in late July. I think my case is a bit faster because all of my education was in one university in the US, I only lived in the US after turning 18 and only worked for one employer after graduating! I will let you know as my case advances!

I didn't ask my employer, but I'm pretty sure he would've told me if someone called him. I don't want to go and ask him because I don't want him to think that I'm looking forward to it..... you know what I mean I'm sure.

Good luck to you, and remember to relax just like me :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

nervous wreck

I think you should relax.

I had IA April 13, medicals in May. They received FBI clearance June 23.

Did not receive passport request until Sep. 7.

Your timeline is fine.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:35 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by MrBosco
nervous wreck

I think you should relax.

I had IA April 13, medicals in May. They received FBI clearance June 23.

Did not receive passport request until Sep. 7.

Your timeline is fine.
Mr. Bosco,

Relaxing is easier said than done! I keep lying to myself pretending to be relaxed but I know I won't be relaxed until everything is finalized! This is me relaxed

Congratulations by the way!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Nervous_wreck,

In one of your previous threads you said about getting information from medcanada. How do you go about that? I thought the only way to get such info is from CAIPS notes.

Hi MJ,
My timeline so far:
Waiting

As u can see, i have probably had to wait longer for my IA in the first place...yet as far as medicals and other documents are concerned, we are pretty much neck to neck. When in July did u get the IA? was it early july or late july? Did u confirm that the consulate received ur medicals?

Going by the general 4 month time gap after IA, i am expecting to hear something by early november..at least something by the end of this year. Hopefully won't get caught up in the festive season around end november...december.

This wait is so difficult, i am literally counting minutes..time has slowed down to a crawl.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

believe me, MJ23, I know how hard relaxing is.

I suggest looking at yogi's website http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/index.asp and using the sort capability. Sort on PP request, and then look at when they submitted documents and had medicals. This should give you an idea if people at your level of processing have already got their requests or not. Remember that not everyone that gets a passport request will bother to enter when they receive passport (once they get passport, they probably start partying like I did!).

But, when I would get nervous, I would go to this site and I could see that some got theirs sooner, some later, but that basically things were ok.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

I seriously doubt they would be performing employement /degree verification for all of the applicants.

Originally Posted by MJ23
I received my IA in late July. I think my case is a bit faster because all of my education was in one university in the US, I only lived in the US after turning 18 and only worked for one employer after graduating! I will let you know as my case advances!

I didn't ask my employer, but I'm pretty sure he would've told me if someone called him. I don't want to go and ask him because I don't want him to think that I'm looking forward to it..... you know what I mean I'm sure.

Good luck to you, and remember to relax just like me :scared:
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nervous,

Almost the same timeline as mine.
Applied: sep 2003
AOR: sep 2003
IA: May 2004
Docs sent: Jun 2004

So don't worry urself sick... we are all the the SAME BOAT!

Hi MJ,
My timeline so far:
Waiting

Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comforting words MJ, Mr.Bosco, Water ruby...
I am at a loss simply because i know there's nothing else that can be done from my side. That is what is causing the frustration. Earlier, we used to have some targets to chase such as say getting 'n' number of documents in a particular order making sure all details were included, waiting for fbi clearances etc.
But now, everything is so (semi) final. Everything seems to be done except for the final request.
Anyways, have decided to carry on with things as if nothing is going on in the background.
Wait and watch
BTW, thanks for sharing ur timelines with me.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:14 am
The ECA Godfather

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comforting words MJ, Mr.Bosco, Water ruby...
I am at a loss simply because i know there's nothing else that can be done from my side. That is what is causing the frustration. Earlier, we used to have some targets to chase such as say getting 'n' number of documents in a particular order making sure all details were included, waiting for fbi clearances etc.
But now, everything is so (semi) final. Everything seems to be done except for the final request.
Anyways, have decided to carry on with things as if nothing is going on in the background.
Wait and watch
BTW, thanks for sharing ur timelines with me.
Nervous_wreck, You are absolutely right! Our frustration is for not having a goal to chase around! I think we all are trained to always have something to worry about. Now that we shouldn't have anything to worry about because everything is out of our control, we are worried about not having anything to worry about hahahhahh Did that make any sense? may be I should've studied Philosophy not Engineering haha

We all should be doing this until the end of the year!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:48 am
Just Joined

djadja is an unknown quantity at this point

i am new to this forum but i have been reading news from it.
here is my time line
April 04 sent app to buffulo with CSQ (applied through quebec)
May 04 received AOR
May 04 IA completed and interview waived
May 04 medicals received and done
Beginnig June 04 sent all documents left
August 04 e client showing "we start processing your app may 6th " and "medical results received"

Now WAITINNNNNNNNNG :scared:
My question now is how long before PP REQUESt? Does anyone think my security check is over by now??????

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

mkamel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Don't be that worry all of you have a very fast timeline in comparsion with others. My time line
10th Feb 2004 Applied in Cairo, Egypt
AOR 26th March 2004, That was faxed to me due to non delivered mailling letter!!! after I faxed them to explaing about my AOR letter. Nothing ever since. Hope to hear from them soon and planning to have a Canadian friend to get me my CAIPS file.

Best of luck all,