Background check How long?

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:29 am
Just Joined

popz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Background check How long?

Hello Experts,
I filed my papers in New Delhi in Jan 2001. I recieved my interview waiver and medicals in June 2004. I completed medicals on July 7th. I submitted my passport to CHC in September as requested by my consultants (I dont know whether they recieved the PP request). I worked as a Marine Engineer in a U.K. based company. But I have stayed in U.K. only once for 9 days in 1993 for my exams. I always sail in the ship and visit all countries but never stay outside ship. CIC requested for PCC from U.K. which is not applicable to me. So I sent an explanation letter. Now they are doing their own security check. Thats what I heard from my consultants. How long will it take for my background checks to complete and get my visa and landing papers. My e-client status is still showing in Progress.

Thankyou in Advance,

Regards

Popz
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:00 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Background check How long?

Hi

Originally Posted by popz
Hello Experts,
I filed my papers in New Delhi in Jan 2001. I recieved my interview waiver and medicals in June 2004. I completed medicals on July 7th. I submitted my passport to CHC in September as requested by my consultants (I dont know whether they recieved the PP request). I worked as a Marine Engineer in a U.K. based company. But I have stayed in U.K. only once for 9 days in 1993 for my exams. I always sail in the ship and visit all countries but never stay outside ship. CIC requested for PCC from U.K. which is not applicable to me. So I sent an explanation letter. Now they are doing their own security check. Thats what I heard from my consultants. How long will it take for my background checks to complete and get my visa and landing papers. My e-client status is still showing in Progress.

Thankyou in Advance,

Regards

Popz
How deep is a hole? Background checks can take from a couple of months to over a year (as has been related many times) It depends on your country of origin and where you have lived. You should be talking to your consultants. Did they get a passport request? Or did they request your passport so they can hang on to it so you make your payments if the visa is issued? Your paying them money, ask them whats going on.

PMM
Old Nov 5th 2004, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Hello PMM,
Thankyou for your response. I asked my consultants about the passport request they said that they send the passports after 6 weeks after medicals.They have submitted my passport to CHC New Delhi. I am an Indian by Nationality. I have been to more than 50 countries because last 12 years I am working in ship. But I have never stayed in a country for more than 6 months.
Thankyou
Regards
Popz
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Popz,

Did your consultants show you the so-called "passport request" letter or did they merely asked for your passport for other purpose?

Originally Posted by popz
Hello PMM,
Thankyou for your response. I asked my consultants about the passport request they said that they send the passports after 6 weeks after medicals.They have submitted my passport to CHC New Delhi. I am an Indian by Nationality. I have been to more than 50 countries because last 12 years I am working in ship. But I have never stayed in a country for more than 6 months.
Thankyou
Regards
Popz
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Centauri,
They did not receive any passport request. They say it is their normal practise to send the passport after 6 weeks of medicals. But many of my friends received a letter along with the medicals to submit the passport and the necessary documents like ROLF,PCC. Bank documents etc. But in my case I did not receive any pp request only I received a letter to submit the other documents. But I am sure my pp is submitted in CHC because I received a letter from CHC to explain about a visa in my wife's passport. I submitted the same.
Regards
popz