Background check for EE

Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

AmazingBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Background check for EE

Hey guys.

So I got my RPRF on June 5th and I haven’t heard anything since. I gave CIC a call to see if there are any updates or if they could tell me where I’m at and they said that I just have to wait…….

My account says that my background check is in process. I have no criminal record, should it be taking this long?

also, there are forums where people are saying that they can see which parts of their background check are complete. Can anyone direct me to this info? Is anyone else waiting on their background check?

For context

AOR: Sept 7 2020
Medicals passed: Oct 26 2020
Biometrics: Nov 26 2020

Thanks for any help and insight.
Blue.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 12:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Background check for EE

Have you checked on MyCIC or eCAS? - find details of how to, (ignore that it says 'spousal' - it's the same process no matter which route you have taken) - Did you apply online or on paper? (paper route usually takes longer)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ll_about_MyCIC
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...All_About_eCAS

ecas link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ensure you put down your country of birth (i.e. England / Scotland / Ireland / Wales and not the generic 'UK' or Britain - otherwise it won't find your application.

Background checks are a case of 'how long is a piece of string' unfortunately - it depends on the person, their name etc., (if it's a common one, it may take longer and involve fingerprints, for example) - comparing your progress to others is the way to frustration and madness... Everyone's application is different.. but it shouldn't be too much longer if you've been asked for your RPRF

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ur-status.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 29th 2021 at 12:29 am.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Perfectly normal even before Covid, everybody's background checks take a different amount of time, it depends on so many factors. Remember it's not just your criminal record they're checking, they're checking in to any trips to countries you've done that may be an issue, your history, your family, etc, etc.

You've not said how you applied for PR, was it under CEC? If so, they are still processing those apps, just with a backlog and less staff, so it's all taking longer than the usual processing times and hopefully you'll hear soon.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 29th 2021 at 8:04 am.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Have you checked on MyCIC or eCAS? - find details of how to, (ignore that it says 'spousal' - it's the same process no matter which route you have taken) - Did you apply online or on paper? (paper route usually takes longer)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ll_about_MyCIC
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...All_About_eCAS

ecas link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ensure you put down your country of birth (i.e. England / Scotland / Ireland / Wales and not the generic 'UK' or Britain - otherwise it won't find your application.

Background checks are a case of 'how long is a piece of string' unfortunately - it depends on the person, their name etc., (if it's a common one, it may take longer and involve fingerprints, for example) - comparing your progress to others is the way to frustration and madness... Everyone's application is different.. but it shouldn't be too much longer if you've been asked for your RPRF

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ur-status.html

I applied online. I think Mycic annoyingly stopped updating in March or so. We've been chilling ever since. I'll check the Ecas link though, thank you.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Perfectly normal even before Covid, everybody's background checks take a different amount of time, it depends on so many factors. Remember it's not just your criminal record they're checking, they're checking in to any trips to countries you've done that may be an issue, your history, your family, etc, etc.

You've not said how you applied for PR, was it under CEC? If so, they are still processing those apps, just with a backlog and less staff, so it's all taking longer than the usual processing times and hopefully you'll hear soon.

Good luck.
Yeah, I'm CEC. It's just annoying that other people are getting theirs long before me. I started this process in March 2019. Just ready for it to all be over.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 1:13 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmazingBlue
Yeah, I'm CEC. It's just annoying that other people are getting theirs long before me. I started this process in March 2019. Just ready for it to all be over.
It was really unfortunate that your original EE application was returned as incomplete in August 2020 (wrong police check) - consequently your application only started once you submitted the ACRO, so about 10 months.. hopefully it will be finalised soon! Fingers crossed

What makes you think other people are getting their applications completed before you are? Each persons application is different - as is the processing time... no good will come of comparing your timeline to others.. hang in there!

Old Jul 30th 2021, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Minikaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm also concerned how long the process for EE is taking. My AOR was end of October and biometrics and medical were passed December. Still no progress and checked online services and it seems to say they can not locate my details either because they haven't began to process it yet.

Not sure whether I should order notes or to wait a month or so. Any updates if anyone else has received their COPR recently from outside of canada via ee?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minikaur
Hi, I'm also concerned how long the process for EE is taking. My AOR was end of October and biometrics and medical were passed December. Still no progress and checked online services and it seems to say they can not locate my details either because they haven't began to process it yet.

Not sure whether I should order notes or to wait a month or so. Any updates if anyone else has received their COPR recently from outside of canada via ee?

Thanks in advance!
Which program did you apply under? If it was CEC then you’re on track to hear soon (straightforward applications received in Oct currently being finalised). If it was another program then all normal processing times are out of the window, as CEC are being prioritised and most apps from outside Canada aren’t being processed as normal.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. I applied through FSW and my husband will be accompanying me. So I guess it's a waiting game!
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Minikaur
Thank you for your reply. I applied through FSW and my husband will be accompanying me. So I guess it's a waiting game!
Ah, yes I’m afraid it is then. FSW are effectively paused for now, even CEC (which has been prioritised) apps are taking much longer than the usual 6 months. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html

I’m hoping normal processing might start again towards the end of the year, so hopefully you’ll hear after that.

Good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It was really unfortunate that your original EE application was returned as incomplete in August 2020 (wrong police check) - consequently your application only started once you submitted the ACRO, so about 10 months.. hopefully it will be finalised soon! Fingers crossed

What makes you think other people are getting their applications completed before you are? Each persons application is different - as is the processing time... no good will come of comparing your timeline to others.. hang in there!
It's checking on Immitracker People starting their process months after me and getting their PPR months before. I can't help but compare. Especially cause my specific situation is so rare that all i have time ti do is compare. On the 7th it will be 11 months since my last AOR. It's frustrating but it is what it is, i guess...
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 4:39 am
Banned

It's checking on Immitracker People starting their process months after me and getting their PPR months before. I can't help but compare. Especially cause my specific situation is so rare that all i have time ti do is compare. On the 7th it will be 11 months since my last AOR. It's frustrating but it is what it is, i guess...
Everyone's application is different.. everyone's situation is different.. even the way they apply can be different (i.e. spousal / express entry / provincial nomination paper based) - and what seems straightforward isn't necessarily so. You've been going for 11 months, and it should be finalised soon. Use this time to get all your other stuff sorted

I totally understand the frustration of waiting to hear something.. anything.. been there, got the t.shirt

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 2nd 2021 at 4:50 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

The trouble is, from what you've said, your application isn't straightforward. It seems you're still living in Canada but not working and presumably switched to visitor status? So there will be extra checks being done to make sure you are there legally etc, plus if you've had a previous application rejected that will then mean extra checks are done on your next one.

So comparing your app to others isn't terribly helpful tbh, as Siouxie has said, every application is different and that's exactly why we don't usually encourage timeline threads on the forum. It can be so discouraging!