Wikiposts

Baby PR Card

Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

njdude26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby PR Card

Great news ! We had applied for our daugthers PR in Jan. Today the process is completed and we have got the passport back from them with a single entry stamp. Now the Q is they say we have to go to the border and make an official entry into Canada.
Where do we do that ? We are in the GTA. Do we have to cross the border and get into US ?
Which is the least busy border ? Any list of documents, photos that we have to take with us for her ?

Any help is appreciated...

Also once we make an official entry when can we expect the PR card ?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:48 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby PR Card

You could always drive to Niagara and cross the border there.

If we had the money I would insist on a trip to NYC or Boston
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

no i cannot cross the border as i dont have a visa to get into US and i would need one !
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by njdude26
no i cannot cross the border as i dont have a visa to get into US and i would need one !
was your baby born outside Canada? As for your visa for the US, if you are on a British passport you can apply for a visa waiver for the US.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
was your baby born outside Canada? As for your visa for the US, if you are on a British passport you can apply for a visa waiver for the US.
His previous posts suggest his child was born in the US and so the child is a US citizen (but he seems not to be).
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
His previous posts suggest his child was born in the US and so the child is a US citizen (but he seems not to be).
no im not a US citizen. child is a US citizen. But do i really need to cross the border to get the PR landing done or i can just go to the border on the canadian side and meet the officer there ?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by njdude26
no im not a US citizen. child is a US citizen. But do i really need to cross the border to get the PR landing done or i can just go to the border on the canadian side and meet the officer there ?
Nope, you have to leave Canada, go to the US Immigration, state that you are returning to Canada to have the child "land". They will give you a rejection letter, which does not effect admissions in the future. Then you return to Canada and see Immigration who will process the landing.