Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Baby born to PR holder outside of canada?

Baby born to PR holder outside of canada?

Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:14 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Baby born to PR holder outside of canada?

Dear experts,

I was wondering: What happens if after PR and landing you leave Canada and your baby was born e.g. in Europe. Would the Baby automatically recieve PR when you fly back in or would you have to start the sponsorship process, and if so would you be allowd in the country with the Baby while the process is pending?

Weird question I know, and hypothetical, but you never know and someone has got to have been in this situation before.

Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby born to PR holder outside of canada?

Nope, baby will have to be sponsored by parent who is permanently residing in Canada. Depending from baby's citizenship and other factors s/he may be allowed to Canada as visitor or may not be.

Originally Posted by mhhp
Dear experts,

I was wondering: What happens if after PR and landing you leave Canada and your baby was born e.g. in Europe. Would the Baby automatically recieve PR when you fly back in or would you have to start the sponsorship process, and if so would you be allowd in the country with the Baby while the process is pending?

Weird question I know, and hypothetical, but you never know and someone has got to have been in this situation before.

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:59 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nope, baby will have to be sponsored by parent who is permanently residing in Canada. Depending from baby's citizenship and other factors s/he may be allowed to Canada as visitor or may not be.
That one can get pretty nasty so I guess in that case it would be Canadian Citizenship or bust!

Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:21 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Nice Question.

One of those simple little things that could be overlooked and become a major issue.

Originally Posted by mhhp
Dear experts,

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

vonta is an unknown quantity at this point

What if the PR parents are outside Canada?? Can they sponsor the child and then return to Canada once the baby's PR is approved??

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vonta

Originally Posted by vonta
What if the PR parents are outside Canada?? Can they sponsor the child and then return to Canada once the baby's PR is approved??

No. At least one parent has to be in Canada.

PMM