B4/B4A forms

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B4/B4A forms

I must be having a serious blonde moment as the post still doesn't make it clear to me.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

gorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nicegorleen is just really nice

another thing, just how do we show the money we are bringing in on our "goods accompanying" list and then the money to follow on our GtF list?
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gorleen
another thing, just how do we show the money we are bringing in on our "goods accompanying" list and then the money to follow on our GtF list?
You don't if over $10,000 then its made verbally. Most have funds wired so no need to report it. If over $10,000 then a form is filled out on entry.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-...mment-eng.html
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
I must be having a serious blonde moment as the post still doesn't make it clear to me.
Don't overthink it as its simple.
Listing of Goods to be Imported

17. Prior to importation, settlers must prepare a detailed list in duplicate of all goods to be imported, showing the make, model, serial numbers (where possible), and approximate value of each item. For general household items, a group listing and overall value is sufficient (e.g., kitchen utensils –$000). The list should be divided into two parts, showing which items are accompanying the owner at the time of arrival and which items are to arrive at a later date as “goods to follow.” This list must be presented to the border services officer when the settler first arrives in Canada, even if no goods are being imported at that time. Instead of a list, Form B4A, Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported), may be used.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

There is an example post on the wiki, and I gave you an outline in a post on the previous page.

I have attached screenshots of the forms I used with personal information removed. My husband used the same format for his landing. Neither of us had any issues at all.

Hopefully that makes more sense now.
Attached Thumbnails B4/B4A forms-goods-accompanying.png   B4/B4A forms-goods-follow.png  
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, im presuming the first example you put on the other post was for goods which we take with us and the second one is the good to follow list?
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

They both have titles when you open them. One says "Goods to Follow" and the other says "Goods Accompanying".
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, so its ok to use one you have completed yourself say using word document etc.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks, so its ok to use one you have completed yourself say using word document etc.
Yes.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am in the process of preparing for my move to Canada next month. I have found I have ALOT of personal belongings clothes, shoes, costume jewellery etc. I also have quite alot of gold jewellery. Is there a limit to the amount of things you can bring and will the amount of gold jewellery be a problem?

Thank you!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:36 pm
Concierge

There's no limit, it just all has to be declared and filled in on your GTF form. Just make a reasonable guess as to the replacement value of each "category" of stuff and go from there. If any of your gold is particularly value (over $1000 for an individual piece I'd say) then it might be a good idea to list it individually. (You can see from the sheets I posted above that we did that for individual high-value items - wedding/engagement rings, watches, necklace, etc.. anything else we just grouped.)
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
There's no limit, it just all has to be declared and filled in on your GTF form. Just make a reasonable guess as to the replacement value of each "category" of stuff and go from there. If any of your gold is particularly value (over $1000 for an individual piece I'd say) then it might be a good idea to list it individually. (You can see from the sheets I posted above that we did that for individual high-value items - wedding/engagement rings, watches, necklace, etc.. anything else we just grouped.)
Perfect thanks, I will be sure to list high value items seperatley.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

My husband and I are moving from the UK in about a month's time and I have a couple of questions I'd really appreciate your input on. In completing forms B4/B4A, would you recommend my husband complete them as a new immigrant or me as a returning resident? I've had conflicting advice on this one! Our goods to follow are over $10000. We've already got the inventory from the moving company and am I right in thinking we'll need to show the shipping manifest at the border as well?

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ginger34
Hi there,

My husband and I are moving from the UK in about a month's time and I have a couple of questions I'd really appreciate your input on. In completing forms B4/B4A, would you recommend my husband complete them as a new immigrant or me as a returning resident? I've had conflicting advice on this one! Our goods to follow are over $10000. We've already got the inventory from the moving company and am I right in thinking we'll need to show the shipping manifest at the border as well?

Thanks so much!
Either is fine. My husband had some stuff on his and I had some stuff on mine.

And yes, you should have the manifest with you. They may not ask for it but generally a good idea to have it with you.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Either is fine. My husband had some stuff on his and I had some stuff on mine.

And yes, you should have the manifest with you. They may not ask for it but generally a good idea to have it with you.
Fantastic, thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.