Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

<B>New Born Child In Usa................New Born Child In Usa................</B>

<B>New Born Child In Usa................New Born Child In Usa................</B>

Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

khan2005_it is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up New Born Child In Usa................New Born Child In Usa............Need Advise

Good evening!

My name is Khan from Columbus Ohio, USA.
2 ½ years ago I applied Canadian PR from USA and finally approved and stamped
I have to go Canada before September 05, Right now my self and my wife on H1B Visa status. 2 days ago my new baby girl has arrived. I am planning to apply US Passport for my daughter and she is US Citizen.

Now I have question, do I need to include my daughter on my application? Or do I need to inform Canadian consulate or what are the steps? Can my daughter cross Canada border without Canada Visa? If needed can we bring her into USA from Canada? We have H1B Visas, so that we can enter USA to any time.

Please advise what to do!

Thanks in Advance

Khan S

Last edited by khan2005_it; Apr 28th 2005 at 2:29 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Born Child In Usa................New Born Child In Usa............Need Advise

I'm sorry to bring it to you but I believe your visas are now invalid and you have to repeat the whole process again

Originally Posted by khan2005_it
Good evening!

I have to go Canada before September 05, Right now my self and my wife on H1B Visa status. 2 days ago my new baby girl has arrived. I am planning to apply US Passport for my daughter and she is US Citizen.

Now I have question, do I need to include my daughter on my application? Or do I need to inform Canadian consulate or what are the steps? Can my daughter cross Canada border without Canada Visa? If needed can we bring her into USA from Canada? We have H1B Visas, so that we can enter USA to any time.

Thanks in Advance

Khan S
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Born Child In Usa................New Born Child In Usa............Need Advise

If you didn't use your visas and didn't land as PR in Canada before baby was born then your visas are now invalid and you must re-apply from scratch, sorry.

Anyway - congratulations on new baby!

Good evening!

Thanks in Advance

Khan S
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

Why on earth didn't you land before the birth?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point

If the principal applicant come to land without family and the new baby, what is going to happen?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you didn't use your visas and didn't land as PR in Canada before baby was born then your visas are now invalid and you must re-apply from scratch, sorry.

Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:10 pm

It is too late, visas are invalid now. If he attempts to land by not telling that they have new baby then it will be fraudulent landing.

Originally Posted by Jill-D
If the principal applicant come to land without family and the new baby, what is going to happen?
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:01 am

Khan,

There may still be a chance to save all if visa post wants to be flexible - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Immediately write to visa post notifying them about birth of new baby and ask for instructions how to add baby to your application. Expect one of 2 scenarios:

1. Visa post will say - sorry, but your visas are no longer valid and you must re-apply

or if you are really lucky

2. Visa post will send you instructions and ask for passports to be returned to invalidate visas. Once you submit required documents (baby's birth certificate, photos and baby's passport, updated application forms and CAD 150 fee) and your passports visa post will invalidate visas in your passports and sends them back with medical forms for baby. After medicals are done visa post will ask for passports to issue new visas.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Andrew Thanks for ur information.

Actually visa post approved my visas on April 1st week 2005 (That time we can't travel, because my wife is 9th month pregnant), my child was born on April 3rd week. That’s why we did not land in Canada. Why my visas are now invalid? What is the reason?

Regards
Khan

Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:42 am

Change in family composition - new family member that has not been included and examined during your application.

You made the huge mistake - instead of sending passports for visas you should have notified visa post about baby coming any day and then add the baby to your still pending application. Or if you didn't know what to do you should have asked here or ask visa post. This was the proper way.

Every correspondence you ever received from visa post (including passport request letter) was requiring you to notify visa post immediately about any addition to family unit - you decided not to pay attention to those warnings.

Your already obtained visas became invalid the moment baby was born.

Andrew Thanks for ur information.

Actually visa post approved my visas on April 1st week 2005 (That time we can't travel, because my wife is 9th month pregnant), my child was born on April 3rd week. That’s why we did not land in Canada. Why my visas are now invalid? What is the reason?

Regards
Khan
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point

I see what you mean now, and they, at least the principal applicant, likely the husband, should have landed before the baby, But what was the reason that their visas are now invalid? I see the second option you listed is more reasonable - return visas, add baby in their application and wait for visa request again. Why do they have to re-apply from zero?

It is too late, visas are invalid now. If he attempts to land by not telling that they have new baby then it will be fraudulent landing.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

Because it's da law

We had a baby along the way too, PTL, but we told CIC and added the baby to application before we got visas.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

So i have only one option, that is notifying to visa post for my child birth.

OK, I'LL CHECK MY LUCK...Thanks every one.

Khan,

There may still be a chance to save all if visa post wants to be flexible - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Immediately write to visa post notifying them about birth of new baby and ask for instructions how to add baby to your application. Expect one of 2 scenarios:

1. Visa post will say - sorry, but your visas are no longer valid and you must re-apply

or if you are really lucky

2. Visa post will send you instructions and ask for passports to be returned to invalidate visas. Once you submit required documents (baby's birth certificate, photos and baby's passport, updated application forms and CAD 150 fee) and your passports visa post will invalidate visas in your passports and sends them back with medical forms for baby. After medicals are done visa post will ask for passports to issue new visas.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Wait.... you'd better consult with a immigration practitioner or lawyer. You don't want to just try your luck after years of waiting?

So i have only one option, that is notifying to visa post for my child birth.

OK, I'LL CHECK MY LUCK...Thanks every one.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:58 am

Wait for what?!!!

He has no choice. If he attempts to land then one of 2 scenarios will happen:

1. When asked to confirm that there are no changes since application (including family composition) he lies and won't disclose fact of having new baby and then signs COPR document then his PR status will be fraudulently obtained. Once it is discovered (for example when trying to sponsor baby) his status will be revoked and he'll be deported back to home country.

2. If he discloses (as required) fact of having new baby his visa will be cancelled and his landing denied. He will have to start process all over again.

This is why I suggested to try by notifying visa post and asking to add baby to the case. May not happen, but I've seen quite few lucky ones.

Originally Posted by didik
Wait.... you'd better consult with a immigration practitioner or lawyer. You don't want to just try your luck after years of waiting?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

May I ask how long does the process of adding you baby take? I mean if you already receive your passport request?

Originally Posted by zider
Because it's da law

We had a baby along the way too, PTL, but we told CIC and added the baby to application before we got visas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.