British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Awaiting PR for Canada - Moving to Aus on 457 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/awaiting-pr-canada-moving-aus-457-a-735110/)

trevorandjo york Oct 9th 2011 10:49 am

Awaiting PR for Canada - Moving to Aus on 457

Might move to Aus on 457 for a couple of years, we are awaiting PR for Canada.

Apart from additional police checks, can anyone see further complications with immigration. This is an immigration question only. Education is being dealt with on a seperate thread. Please do not merge threads.

Thank you.

nikki dreaming Oct 9th 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Awaiting PR for Canada - Moving to Aus on 457

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665740)

Apart from additional police checks, can anyone see further complications with immigration. This is an immigration question only. Education is being dealt with on a seperate thread. Please do not merge threads.

Thank you.

Why would they do that:rolleyes:

trevorandjo york Oct 9th 2011 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming (Post 9665826)
Why would they do that:rolleyes:

Sometimes when mods see similar answers coming from different threads from the same OP they do that. This is why I want specific answers to specific threads. That way it is less likely that we stick to the thread.

Example i raise thread about education, someone posts "what about visas" many posts later they are the same thread. thanks.

nikki dreaming Oct 9th 2011 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665857)
Sometimes when mods see similar answers coming from different threads from the same OP they do that. This is why I want specific answers to specific threads. That way it is less likely that we stick to the thread.

Example i raise thread about education, someone posts "what about visas" many posts later they are the same thread. thanks.

Nothing like forum etiquette:thumbdown:

well perhaps they do that to assist other forum users at a later date that are actually searching for answers on a subject, they could get all they need in one thread

AmyDavid Oct 9th 2011 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming (Post 9665880)
Nothing like forum etiquette:thumbdown:

well perhaps they do that to assist other forum users at a later date that are actually searching for answers on a subject, they could get all they need in one thread

If both answers can be answered on the same thread - as they could (perhaps calling the thread Moving to Aus before Canada - Implications & Education questions) - then as Nikkidreaming points out - on future searches of the site - this would be much more useful.

trevorandjo york Oct 9th 2011 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9665895)
If both answers can be answered on the same thread - as they could (perhaps calling the thread Moving to Aus before Canada - Implications & Education questions) - then as Nikkidreaming points out - on future searches of the site - this would be much more useful.

I see that point of view. Can i just add, some very important threads start very well meaning and in the end they end up being completely off the subject, 15 pages of trawling for the info,most of it irrelevant, this way it keeps it quite specific and perhaps relevant to future searches.

nikki dreaming Oct 9th 2011 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665947)
I see that point of view. Can i just add, some very important threads start very well meaning and in the end they end up being completely off the subject, 15 pages of trawling for the info,most of it irrelevant, this way it keeps it quite specific and perhaps relevant to future searches.

Welcome to what is known as a forum, if it isnt your style then there are other ways of obtaining information:)

AmyDavid Oct 9th 2011 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665947)

That is also true - though you must remember that some people will come along with their views on the issue that may not at that time give you the answer you want, but may lead someone else to remembering something and thus answering your question.

Answering responses in a rude manner is just not nice.

trevorandjo york Oct 9th 2011 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9665960)
That is also true - though you must remember that some people will come along with their views on the issue that may not at that time give you the answer you want, but may lead someone else to remembering something and thus answering your question.

Answering responses in a rude manner is just not nice.

I see your point, thanks.

Aviator Oct 9th 2011 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665857)

Which turned into a thread about not merging threads and how to answer a question :rofl:

el_richo Oct 9th 2011 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9665740)

Thank you.

The only complication i see is it's a long boat ride to Australia

mandymoochops Oct 9th 2011 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 9666226)
The only complication i see is it's a long boat ride to Australia

I like boats - and kangaroos.

ExKiwilass Oct 10th 2011 12:56 am

I hear Kangaroo is tasty.