Wikiposts

Authorisation letter maybe!

Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

The Newtons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Authorisation letter maybe!

As my Husband and daughter age 15 are going to land at Halifax. Should he have some kind of writtern authorisation from me to say ok for daughter to be in Canada. The rest of us will be over as soon as house done. Sorry if this is silly question but i want to cover all bases. Also can he take about £6,000 in cash into canada thought he might change it to dollars and get a better rate. thank you
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Authorisation letter maybe!

Hi

Originally Posted by The Newtons
As my Husband and daughter age 15 are going to land at Halifax. Should he have some kind of writtern authorisation from me to say ok for daughter to be in Canada. The rest of us will be over as soon as house done. Sorry if this is silly question but i want to cover all bases. Also can he take about £6,000 in cash into canada thought he might change it to dollars and get a better rate. thank you
To cover all bases, it is best that your spouses has a letter from you allowing you daughter to travel to Canada with her father. Probably won't be requested, but you never can tell. Yes he can take the money, but carrying that amount of cash is silly to say a few dollars. He must declare it to Canada Customs on entry.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Authorisation letter maybe!

I agree with PMM. There is no harm in covering all bases and your husband having a letter from you re travelling with your daughter.

If you are carrying over $10,000 (check exact amount) when you arrive in Canada you have to declare it. This includes forms other than just cash, but cash is the main one. Also, I've heard of some banks etc asking for proof of where money has come from, e.g. sale of house etc. So it might be worth your husband having something with him, even if it is just savings account statements from the last year of something.

I wouldn't personally want to carry that much cash with me. Search some threads on here about money transfer, and research the best ways.

Good luck getting the house sorted and getting over here soon!