Wikiposts

Australian Criminal Check

Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road
Default Australian Criminal Check

I know, here we go again. I spoke with them a couple of days ago and he said the foreign bank draft that we posted isn't going to be sufficient as payment for the criminal check. He said we have to get a bank draft that is affiliated with an Australian bank. Has anyone else had to get one of these from Oz? Could you explain to me what this means? I'm not sure why they can't accept a foreign bank draft like the rest of the world!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Criminal Check

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
I know, here we go again. I spoke with them a couple of days ago and he said the foreign bank draft that we posted isn't going to be sufficient as payment for the criminal check. He said we have to get a bank draft that is affiliated with an Australian bank. Has anyone else had to get one of these from Oz? Could you explain to me what this means? I'm not sure why they can't accept a foreign bank draft like the rest of the world!
Ask your bank where the bank is that draft will be drawn on. Ages ago they used to draw them on foreign currency accounts held in the UK, but these days I bet it will be drawn on a bank in Oz which is what your police people are asking for.