Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Australia, New Zealand, Canada Compared

Australia, New Zealand, Canada Compared

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

urwelcome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia, New Zealand, Canada Compared

Originally posted by Dean
    > I agree with Stuart also I would like to say about is the minimum wage
    > rate especially about Ontario, which is considered to be the 'Most
    > prosperous state in Canada' and guess what

Actually, in Canada they are called Provinces. Of course the Yukon
Territories, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut are properly referred
to as "territories".

> MINIMUM WAGE RATE IS $7.00

Actually, the current minimum wage is $7.15/hour (except for
bartenders, etc.)

> and it was $6.85 for like 100 yrs and just 1 month back they increased

Actually, most minimum wage laws were started in the 1940s. 100 years
ago there was no such thing as minimum wage.

> 0.15cents. BIG DEAL!!!!

$7.15-$6.85= 30cents, not ).15 cents. Most minimum wage levels in
North America are set in multiples of 5 cents, not multiples of
hundredths of cents.

I notice that your post contains many factual and blatantly
grammatical errors. Perhaps that is why you are unable to find
employment that pays better than minimum wage.
First of all, I would like to say no where in this forum, I mentioned that I am not able to find job or I am not happy with my salary/wage. I am doing pretty well and with regards to my career , I am a Network Analyst in one of the best bank in Canada. I was talking about country as a whole not what's happening with me.
Secondly, you seem to me the person who does take things in a very serious manner and too minutely for eg when I said 100 yrs , u literally took it as 100 yrs... dont u think yourself to be weirdo..... and what difference it makes from minimim wage $6.85 increased to $7.00 ... the bottom line ,which I think you dont understand is it is still too low....compared to Aus.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ashok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia, New Zealand, Canada Compared

One should compare cost of living or go by quality of life ranking or bussiness competitiveness comparisons of two countries and ofcourse rate of unemployment is of concern to every immigrant.

It is really strange, you Compare two countries on the basis of Minimum wages. Once you are corrected you start calling others as wierdos. Any reason for personal attack.

How can you talk about country as a whole, while just comparing minimum wages!!! Why you fail to think beyond, afterall you claim to be Network analyst in a Canadian Bank of repute.

Originally posted by urwelcome
First of all, I would like to say no where in this forum, I mentioned that I am not able to find job or I am not happy with my salary/wage. I am doing pretty well and with regards to my career , I am a Network Analyst in one of the best bank in Canada. I was talking about country as a whole not what's happening with me.
Secondly, you seem to me the person who does take things in a very serious manner and too minutely for eg when I said 100 yrs , u literally took it as 100 yrs... dont u think yourself to be weirdo..... and what difference it makes from minimim wage $6.85 increased to $7.00 ... the bottom line ,which I think you dont understand is it is still too low....compared to Aus.