Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Attn. Mr. Miller, Visa in Cancelled PP

Attn. Mr. Miller, Visa in Cancelled PP

Old Dec 11th 2005, 7:46 pm
Omantom

omantom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attn. Mr. Miller, Visa in Cancelled PP

Dear Mr. Miller,

Due to my ignorance (minors passports are not renewed but new issued) my son's passport with the Canadian PR visa inside has been cancelled. We are planning to make our first landing in February 2006.

For a Visa for UAE we wanted more than 6 months validity so I submitted for renewal of his passport. Indian Embassy has issued a new passport after canceling the old passport. When I asked the authorities they informed that there is a stamp in the new pp saying that “the holder traveled on pp No.___ previously and visa in the old passport stands valid”.

In the letter received from CHC London there is a statement saying that the "Visa should be valid and should be in a Valid passport".

What can happen in this case?, I’ve already contacted CHC London.

I am under very high pressure, please advice.

Thank you very much for your time.

Omantom
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Attn. Mr. Miller, Visa in Cancelled PP

I am not expert in this issue but what I have seen to happen in Jordan, they used to remove the page containing the visa form old passport and affix it on the new one, this is done by the passport authorities in Jordan.
I dunno if this can work in your case you need to ask, both Canadian and Indian authorities about it.

Originally Posted by omantom
Dear Mr. Miller,

Due to my ignorance (minors passports are not renewed but new issued) my son's passport with the Canadian PR visa inside has been cancelled. We are planning to make our first landing in February 2006.

For a Visa for UAE we wanted more than 6 months validity so I submitted for renewal of his passport. Indian Embassy has issued a new passport after canceling the old passport. When I asked the authorities they informed that there is a stamp in the new pp saying that “the holder traveled on pp No.___ previously and visa in the old passport stands valid”.

In the letter received from CHC London there is a statement saying that the "Visa should be valid and should be in a Valid passport".

Omantom
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:51 pm
Omantom

Thank you Ibraheem for your inputs.

Best of luck

Tom
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:41 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Thank you Ibraheem for your inputs.

Best of luck

Tom
I can’t understand why they cancel the passport if it have valid visa. Normally you have to inform them that this passport have valid visa so they never cancel it but they attach it with new until the visa got expired or has been utilized. I am not sure about the picking page from old and fixing into new one by authorities is valid as under law from many countries its not valid because of authenticity of both passports.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:02 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mr. Miller,

Omantom
you have informed London CHC, so relax! they will definitely contact you with an answer! chances are that they might cancel the visa on the "cancelled" passport and affix a new one on the new one.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

vishwanath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have read your concern. Your son's passport is not cancelled but it is continued in the form a new booklet with different number. when they write that your new passport that all the valid visa in the old passport are still valid, it hold it validity.
When u enter canada, then staple both the passports togather. There will be no problem. It has happened to me also.

best Regards
Vish
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:15 am
Omantom

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to answer me.

CHC London have sent me a message that my son's visa is to be re-issued
and the steps involved.

I will update you guys with the info soon.

Cheers!!

Tom