Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Attestation of work contract documents - Expert advise pl.

Attestation of work contract documents - Expert advise pl.

Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

auromira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attestation of work contract documents - Expert advise pl.

Is it a good idea to get attestation of work contracts (certified true copies) from authorized personnel in India when I live in USA?

Has anyone done this. Looks like there is no clear indication of who is authorized to certify true copies for non-vital records like photocopy of work contracts, W2 form etc in US.

I saw in one of the CIC links the following officials are authorized to notarize/certify documents as true copies in Canada:
Doctors, Physicians, notary, embassy officials, accountant, bank manager .....

But could not get any reference of this kind on who can do this in US. I understand notaries are not authorized to certify documents. (only authorized for verification of signature) at least in the state I currently live.

I checked with Indian consulate and I was told that they will not certify documents as true copies for any documents other than degree/mark sheets.

Really do not have any clue on what must be done. I was wondering to send the documents to India and get it certified as true copies. Would CIC accept this?? Or will it look really odd to get it from India when I live in US.

Please share your thoughts and experience on what is the best thing to do.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:13 am
Just Joined

auromira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attestation of work contract documents - Expert advise pl.

Can anyone share their experience on how they managed the notarization (true copy certification) of the documents in US.

Are Lawyers/Physicians authorized to issue true copies in US?

I do not know how to proceed in this regard. Please help.

Thanks very much.

Originally Posted by auromira
Is it a good idea to get attestation of work contracts (certified true copies) from authorized personnel in India when I live in USA?

Has anyone done this. Looks like there is no clear indication of who is authorized to certify true copies for non-vital records like photocopy of work contracts, W2 form etc in US.

I saw in one of the CIC links the following officials are authorized to notarize/certify documents as true copies in Canada:
Doctors, Physicians, notary, embassy officials, accountant, bank manager .....

But could not get any reference of this kind on who can do this in US. I understand notaries are not authorized to certify documents. (only authorized for verification of signature) at least in the state I currently live.

I checked with Indian consulate and I was told that they will not certify documents as true copies for any documents other than degree/mark sheets.

Really do not have any clue on what must be done. I was wondering to send the documents to India and get it certified as true copies. Would CIC accept this?? Or will it look really odd to get it from India when I live in US.

Please share your thoughts and experience on what is the best thing to do.