Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Asking Additional Docs !!!AGAIN!!!- Help Mr Miller

Wikiposts

Asking Additional Docs !!!AGAIN!!!- Help Mr Miller

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:28 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asking Additional Docs !!!AGAIN!!!- Help Mr Miller

Dear Sir,

I have recently received a letter asking for additional docs which i sent Buffalo in Oct 2005 when they sent me Interview waiver and medical letter.Does this mean that they have lost the docs and asking again? or they really mean asking again

My eclient changed to "Medicals have been received"

I can send all the docs again but dont have original police certificate and bank letter from PAKistan. I do have copies of those. Should i send the copies.

Any feedback will be appreciated

Regards

newlooks
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Asking Additional Docs !!!AGAIN!!!- Help Mr Miller

No choice except sending the documents that are demanded for. Hard luck.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:15 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newlooks
Dear Sir,

I have recently received a letter asking for additional docs which i sent Buffalo in Oct 2005 when they sent me Interview waiver and medical letter.Does this mean that they have lost the docs and asking again? or they really mean asking again

My eclient changed to "Medicals have been received"

I can send all the docs again but dont have original police certificate and bank letter from PAKistan. I do have copies of those. Should i send the copies.

Any feedback will be appreciated

Regards

newlooks
I would send everything again and in the cover letter state, that you aleady sent it in on xxx date. I would also include proof, that it was sent, like Fedex delivery note,......

As for the PCCs and wherever else you need originals, I am not sure, probably I would get the process rolling on ordering new originals and state that in the cover letter as well. (but that is just me, maybe an expert can advise)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:53 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Oh, I totally understand your frustration. Something very similiar happened in my case at Buffalo too. I had sent my Australian Police Check to Buffalo in Sept 04 and then I recieved a letter in Dec 04 asking for it.

It is not so much the fact that Buffalo are asking for docs aleady sent, but that it takes months to go and collect originals again.

What I did was send a fax immediately, giving the date of delivery of the docs required. I had photocopies of all my originals so I faxed the photocopies. I did go and arrange for another police check in the meantime and just waited.

I never received a response to my fax from Buffalo. But I think they found my missing docs in the end. In the same letter they sent in Dec 04, they asked for my medicals too which I had done in Feb 04. It was all a bit of a mess, but they were found too and it all worked out in the end.

Regards
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:01 am
London, UK

Originally Posted by ozinca
Oh, I totally understand your frustration. Something very similiar happened in my case at Buffalo too. I had sent my Australian Police Check to Buffalo in Sept 04 and then I recieved a letter in Dec 04 asking for it.

It is not so much the fact that Buffalo are asking for docs aleady sent, but that it takes months to go and collect originals again.

What I did was send a fax immediately, giving the date of delivery of the docs required. I had photocopies of all my originals so I faxed the photocopies. I did go and arrange for another police check in the meantime and just waited.

I never received a response to my fax from Buffalo. But I think they found my missing docs in the end. In the same letter they sent in Dec 04, they asked for my medicals too which I had done in Feb 04. It was all a bit of a mess, but they were found too and it all worked out in the end.

Regards

Ozinca,

thanks for your response. Here is what i did and what i m going to do

1) I just faxed a letter that i mailed docs on Oct 25, 2004 and also qouting Fedex tracking number. I also mention that they have received the package as the phot they put on my spouse medical forms (which i received in Jan 05) is the same which i mailed with that package

2) I am going to mail the copies of the remaining docs and uk police certificate and going to apply for new one meanwhile

3) Ozinca, How do you know they have found your documents? Did u send the Police certificate again

Does it mean that my security checks are completed as my eclient shows medical received and there is nothing pending from my side and all of sudden this addition docs thing come up while i was expecting passport requtes

many thanks

Regards

newlooks
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:24 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

The reason I know they found my missing medicals is that I chased my medicals through Ottawa by speaking to a lady who matched the MD number on my medical report (I had the photocopy) to my Buffalo file number. The lady told me that Buffalo would have the results in a few days. My eclient never ever showed 'medicals received' though and only ever changed after I 'landed'.

Buffalo did not contact me to confirm whether they found my Australian Police Check or not, but I sent the second one anyway.

I know they received the first Australian Police Check as it was in the same envelope as my change of address form (they mailed me the letter to my new address so they must have received what I sent). I explained all this in the fax too.

It is all a bit of mystery really. As I went to Buffalo last week for my passport stamping, I have to say that it all looks extremely well organised. When I was at the passport window in the morning, I saw at least 3 large bags of mail which were all being sorted in a very methodical fashion. I think my faith in Buffalo has been restored after seeing the office. I think that your fax will reach the right person who will have a second look at your file.

Ozinca
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozinca
The reason I know they found my missing medicals is that I chased my medicals through Ottawa by speaking to a lady who matched the MD number on my medical report (I had the photocopy) to my Buffalo file number. The lady told me that Buffalo would have the results in a few days. My eclient never ever showed 'medicals received' though and only ever changed after I 'landed'.

Buffalo did not contact me to confirm whether they found my Australian Police Check or not, but I sent the second one anyway.

I know they received the first Australian Police Check as it was in the same envelope as my change of address form (they mailed me the letter to my new address so they must have received what I sent). I explained all this in the fax too.

It is all a bit of mystery really. As I went to Buffalo last week for my passport stamping, I have to say that it all looks extremely well organised. When I was at the passport window in the morning, I saw at least 3 large bags of mail which were all being sorted in a very methodical fashion. I think my faith in Buffalo has been restored after seeing the office. I think that your fax will reach the right person who will have a second look at your file.

Ozinca
It sounds to me as though different officers are working on your files and they are not taking the time to read through them and sometimes not logging in requested docs are they are supposed to do. Always keep copies! Always send them in via courier or registered mail so that you can prove receipt!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:29 am
London, UK

[QUOTE=Jim Humphries]It sounds to me as though different officers are working on your files and they are not taking the time to read through them and sometimes not logging in requested docs are they are supposed to do. Always keep copies! Always send them in via courier or registered mail so that you can prove receipt![/QUOTE

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your response. Please could you explain What you mean by different officers working on my file. There is alot of activity on my file as i received two letters from buffalo in one week. Here is the whole picture after i got interview waiver in Aug 04

1)On Oct 25,2004, I mailed Spouse forms, her fee, Photos, and Additional docs requested in Interview waiver letter including Police certificate

2) On Nov 18,04, Got application form for spouse and questionaire. Even though i mailed the spouse forms on Oct 25,04. Completed the forms sent by Buffalo and mailed

3) On Dec 05, 04, Got a letter asking for Spouse passport copy and photos. even though it was mailed with the forms i sent on Oct 25, 2004. I mailed again and requested for medicals

4) Got medical during the last week of Jan 05 having the photograph which i sent with the forms mailed on Oct 25, 04.

5)Spouse went for medicals on Feb 05 and i updated that CHC, London will forward the results to buffalo, usa via email

6) Also sent a letter on Feb 09, 2005 asking for speedy processing as my wife expecting a baby during the first week of May 05

7) March 04, 05, got forms for baby, even though baby is not yet born and i mentioned this in my letter sent on feb 09, 05

8) Marc 7, 05 eclient changed to "Medicals have been received"

9) March 10,05, Asking for uk police cert and out standing docs again which was sent on oct 25,04

10) Faxed a letter today stating that i have already mailed the docs and police cert on oct 25, 04 and they have received the docs on oct 26, 05 at 9:40am. Also mentioned that they got the package as they used the photograph of my wife on medical forms from that package

So what you think whether they will look the file again based on the fax i sent today. When can i expect a reply from them

many thanks for your time and guidence

Regards

newlooks