Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

asked to submit forms already submitted

asked to submit forms already submitted

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Linda Ashe is an unknown quantity at this point
Question asked to submit forms already submitted

Hello..I am sponsoring my partner for a permanent residence card. the forms were all finished and submitted in July of last year (2014) I received an email just before christmas to say that we need 5 forms filled out and signed before it can be processed. the problem is i have already sent those forms in and now have to start again with no clue what if anything was missing. Luckily i have rough copies of all of them but will have to now find other proof of co-habitation...is there a way i can find out what was missing or what the problem was with the original forms.
Also what is considered proof of status on those forms... he is retired and is not going to be working nor studying (hence no visas for that) and since a British citizen is not required,,, to have a visa to visit (I was told by immigration Canada that they do not even issue those) we don’t have that either .... am thinking this might be the hold up.. not sure on the other forms tho
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:41 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: asked to submit forms already submitted

Originally Posted by Linda Ashe
Hello..I am sponsoring my partner for a permanent residence card. the forms were all finished and submitted in July of last year (2014) I received an email just before christmas to say that we need 5 forms filled out and signed before it can be processed. the problem is i have already sent those forms in and now have to start again with no clue what if anything was missing. Luckily i have rough copies of all of them but will have to now find other proof of co-habitation...is there a way i can find out what was missing or what the problem was with the original forms.
Also what is considered proof of status on those forms... he is retired and is not going to be working nor studying (hence no visas for that) and since a British citizen is not required,,, to have a visa to visit (I was told by immigration Canada that they do not even issue those) we don’t have that either .... am thinking this might be the hold up.. not sure on the other forms tho
If this is the same forms, write to CIC with proof of delivery and receipt of previous forms? If it is a different 5 forms, fill them in and send off as required.

Proof of status would be as a visitor, which is the passport admission stamp.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

they are the same forms... some are completely empty ... he is almost 67 and has no dependants so why then need that one again is anyone’s guess. I am not sure i have anything that says it was sent and received, if i cannot find that i will just resubmit the original forms... but should i change anything on them as he has been out of the country and back so the entry date will be different,
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 1:00 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Ashe
they are the same forms... some are completely empty ... he is almost 67 and has no dependants so why then need that one again is anyone’s guess. I am not sure i have anything that says it was sent and received, if i cannot find that i will just resubmit the original forms... but should i change anything on them as he has been out of the country and back so the entry date will be different,
Fill the forms in correctly as of the date you complete them. Blanks spacs is sometimes not acceptable and an N/A is required, Read abd understand the instructions. Send them in by a traceable courier service.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

thank you, i will redo them and re send them since i cannot contact anyone to find out what was missing.