Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Asked to reapply for visa and provide visa fee

Asked to reapply for visa and provide visa fee

Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default Asked to reapply for visa and provide visa fee

My passport was stamped after completing my PR immigration process before traveling to Canada my passport was having less then 3 months to expire so I applied for new passport. After updating visa office I was told that my old visa is canceled. I have added visa office reply below. I have been asked to provide fee but which fee and how much. I have some question before.
1 How much fee should I pay?
2 Can visa office stamp my new passport before my flight. How much time will they take (my flight is around 20th July )
3 Should I redo medical but that will take more time and I will miss my flight.
4 What's the worst case scenario in all the above

Dear Sir/Madam,

The visa must be affixed to your current and valid passport. As such, the visa document in your old passport is now invalid for travel.

Please submit the following within 3 days:

- Return the COPR document to the Abu Dhabi office.

- Return the visa/passport to the Abu Dhabi office (note, visa has been cancelled).

- Submit your new passport to the Abu Dhabi office.

- Payment of the document reissuance fee (for re-printing visa/COPR documents). Please pay at Pay your fees – Immigration and citizenship

- Print and submit a copy of this email and return with the above documents.

Once we receive the above information, we will provide you with further instructions.

Please note, the visa validity date will be updated to 25 August, 2018 as this is the date your medical examination result expires. Therefore, it is imperative that you complete this process as soon as possible. If you wish to update the visa validity date, you must complete a new medical examination. Please advise us within 3 days if you wish to complete a new medical examination.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:36 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asked to reapply for visa and provide visa fee

I presume you're from a country that requires a visa to board a flight to Canada? Most of us on here are British and therefore don't need one. I also assume that you have COPR but haven't landed yet?

Are those presumptions correct? Sorry but your OP isn't particularly clear. In any case you will just need to do as they're asking you to do. A non-activated COPR will need to reflect your current passport and your new passport would need the travel visa re-printed in it.
​​​​​

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jun 20th 2018 at 4:39 am.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asked to reapply for visa and provide visa fee

Hi

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I presume you're from a country that requires a visa to board a flight to Canada? Most of us on here are British and therefore don't need one. I also assume that you have COPR but haven't landed yet?

Are those presumptions correct? Sorry but your OP isn't particularly clear. In any case you will just need to do as they're asking you to do. A non-activated COPR will need to reflect your current passport and your new passport would need the travel visa re-printed in it.
​​​​​
1. The OP should follow the instructions here and pay the $30.00 Pay to verify your status or replace an immigration document – United Arab Emirates
2, This seems to be a new on on me, I have never seen a fee charged for re-issuing the COPR. Note, the OP will also require new photos.