Ask for IELTS test later?

Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ask for IELTS test later?

Mirek, I think you're wrong. You must have a prospective employer who will apply to HRDC for the opinion and only then will you get the extra points. Check this carefully but I think you should really look for a job in Canada first, try talking to people you know, a lot of them should have family and friends in Canada, maybe they can help you out.
As a post-doc my classification is 4122. My contract runs out July 1 next year, with some luck maybe the process will be over by then. Otherwise I'll get a new one - good thing is that for this class, I need no HRDC confirmation.

Originally Posted by mirekj
Hi Bart
Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion I have 69-71, depends on interpretation, but I think about AE, because it will give me 15 points more and I hope boost my case and make it beyond doubt. I have collected information about "how to obtain AE" and now I think it is not so hard to do that. It has notihing common with real job offer, it's just confirmation of your qualifications and ability to get a job.
Look at the link http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/asp/gateway.a...p.shtml&hs=hze .
How long is you contract valid from now ? As far as I remember you work In IT, what NOC number did you choose ?

Mirek