Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ask the definition of "full-time" in skilled workers?

Ask the definition of "full-time" in skilled workers?

Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough
Default Ask the definition of "full-time" in skilled workers?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/op06e.pdf

In the operation manual of CIC Skilled Workers:

"Full-time" is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the course of study.

"Full-time equivalent" means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the

I would like to ask, if my Master degree is mainly learn in online, and only 1 to 2 sessions face-to-face lecture per subject, because this Master degree mainly focus on learn in web and no taught hours can be provided instead of "self-study" hours. However, my Master degree awarded by a recognised university in our home country and my certificate same as ordinary Master degree, not such kind of "Online university"

So I would like to ask, do this kind no actual taught hours be accepted by CIC? Thank you!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

joy2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ask the definition of "full-time" in skilled workers?

hi there
i am really new to this forum and i have very litle knowledge about this hoever i' d like to share the following with u
i would probaly say contact your university and get the information you want(the equivalent years if you would have done full time)
may be you can produce a statement(sworn)
thank you
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joy2007
hi there
i am really new to this forum and i have very litle knowledge about this hoever i' d like to share the following with u
i would probaly say contact your university and get the information you want(the equivalent years if you would have done full time)
may be you can produce a statement(sworn)
thank you
If our university cant provide this kind of document?
They can't estimate my part-time course equivalent to full-time calculation
and because my course is on-line mode, nearly no "instruction"
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:26 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not about "calculation" - university should tell you how long is the program if taken on standard, full time classes basis. If it is only an online university then I doubt it's accreditation.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is not about "calculation" - university should tell you how long is the program if taken on standard, full time classes basis. If it is only an online university then I doubt it's accreditation.
It's not online university, it's a real university which recognise by my
home country, it's just online mode
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Why??
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:35 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by immigrants
It's not online university, it's a real university which recognise by my
home country, it's just online mode
Then what's the problem getting letter from university stating how long is your degree program if taken in regular full time "class mode"?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Then what's the problem getting letter from university stating how long is your degree program if taken in regular full time "class mode"?
I mean it is an online course which held by real university.
In Hong Kong and China, there is many such kind course.

Because there is no same full-time course and my university
not able to proven it, and I'm nothing to do even I push them many times,
it's so sad......