Wikiposts

Arriving at POE....

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:46 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arriving at POE....

We're arriving in Calgary in 4 weeks, and will be applying for TWP at POE.

My sister in law will be joining us for a couple of weeks, to help my wife who has recently had some surgery.
Whilst me/the wife/kids are only booking a one way flight, will i run in to any problems if the sister in law doesnt have a return flight booked yet?

Also, can someone please point me in the right direction as to what information I need to take in order to get the TWP processed.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving at POE....

Originally Posted by jericho
Whilst me/the wife/kids are only booking a one way flight, will i run in to any problems if the sister in law doesnt have a return flight booked yet?
Probably won't have any problems in Canada, but the airline may not let her on the plane if she doesn't have a visa and doesn't have a return ticket.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:58 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Your sister-in-law's return flight does not have to have been booked, as long as she has a return ticket. A return ticket can have an open return date, and that is okay.

Also, can someone please point me in the right direction as to what information I need to take in order to get the TWP processed.
See the Wiki article called TWP : Where to apply. It has instructions for applying from outside Canada, applying from inside Canada and applying at POE.
x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:54 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to bump this one again, but we've gone ahead and booked a return flight for my sis-inlaw.
Will the immigration happy to let her through with us, even though we're stating permanently and she's not?

We were thinking of sending her seperately, so as not to rouse any suspicions...
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Sorry to bump this one again, but we've gone ahead and booked a return flight for my sis-inlaw.
Will the immigration happy to let her through with us, even though we're stating permanently and she's not?

We were thinking of sending her seperately, so as not to rouse any suspicions...
I don't see that it should cause any problems - it's no different to her joining you for a holiday is it? I would imagine that as long as she's not planning to stay for longer than 6 months, there should be no problem at all.