Arrived in Edmonton

Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough
Default Arrived in Edmonton

hey guys

finally arrived in canada on Saturday ... :scared:
immigration was a smooth process, given that it was spousal ..no hiccups

can i confirm that once I get my social service number, I am eligible to work asap??
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:06 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived in Edmonton

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
hey guys

can i confirm that once I get my social service number, I am eligible to work asap??
If not before. Proof of application for a SIN should be acceptable to most employers.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

hey guys

Hey, well done! It's great to know that it IS possible to get to Canada eventually!! I don't suppose you will have much time to spend on this forum now!

Hope you don't mind me asking,but what line of work are you in? I think I remember reading a post from you mentioning Morgan Stanley and asset management? Just asking because hubby works in a similar field for Lloyds TSB over here. We are now looking at Calgary, and wondered if you knew if there are many jobs in this area. We are also worried that the Canadian credit and financial rules will be too different to the Uk, so any employment experience would count for nothing. (If I've got the wrong person, just ignore this!!)

Enjoy your new life.

Rachel
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rachel

Thanks...um so far I am just mail-shooting my resume everywhere given I have just landed..the type of roles that I am looking for within asset management are mainly in Toronto...however, I do believe that that small investment companies do exist within Calgary and hence, lets see if my research and persistence will pay off... ?? ... I guess the rules and regulations are different, however, finance is a tranferable skill and if you are prepared to sit further exams, I dont see it being a huge obstacle....

I applied for my SIN yesterday..pretty straightforward....hopefully I will go back next Monday adn collect the SIN and the card will arrive eventually...

gotta be optimistic
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:06 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rachel

Thanks...um so far I am just mail-shooting my resume everywhere given I have just landed..the type of roles that I am looking for within asset management are mainly in Toronto...however, I do believe that that small investment companies do exist within Calgary and hence, lets see if my research and persistence will pay off... ?? ... I guess the rules and regulations are different, however, finance is a tranferable skill and if you are prepared to sit further exams, I dont see it being a huge obstacle....

I applied for my SIN yesterday..pretty straightforward....hopefully I will go back next Monday adn collect the SIN and the card will arrive eventually...

gotta be optimistic
No troubles mate, you will find work rightaway because employers know that if you are a PR, SIN is not gonna run somewhere. So, just concentrate on your search and you will on your desired job within days.....!!