Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Arranged Employment: Long delays at London HC currently in issuing client numbers???

Arranged Employment: Long delays at London HC currently in issuing client numbers???

Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Z-Audio will become famous soon enough
Red face Arranged Employment: Long delays at London HC currently in issuing client numbers???

Our application for Permanent Residency via approved Arranged Employment offer under federal skilled worker arrived at the London High Commission on January 5th 2009 (fedex delivery confirmation)
At today's date, we still have not had ANY response!

Is anyone else suffering from this extreme delay in initial response?

Obviously my employer is starting to ask questions!

The application went in with a great covering letter, and very clearly marked up as being for the approved Arranged Employment route.
It did have one document that followed, and arrived there a month later... even though the covering letter clearly explained the background for my english language credentials (ie lived and educated in england in english my whole life, with qualifications in it), my immigration lawyer had be write a letter myself regardin both my english, and on in french re my very basic french, ability. My application scores about 90 points... so the basic french is far from a requirement for points anyway.
Why have we heard nothing when they still quote a 6 month processing time on their revised site? I'm getting concerned now about polices checks starting to expire etc etc which could add further delays.
Please can you guys let me know your current experiences at this CHC - and what we can so. My lawyer has just written to try to find out what the delay in initial response is... why no acknowledgement at all?
Thanks

Simon
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arranged Employment: Long delays at London HC currently in issuing client numbers

Originally Posted by Z-Audio
Our application for Permanent Residency via approved Arranged Employment offer under federal skilled worker arrived at the London High Commission on January 5th 2009 (fedex delivery confirmation)

The application went in with a great covering letter, and very clearly marked up as being for the approved Arranged Employment route.
It did have one document that followed, and arrived there a month later... even though the covering letter clearly explained the background for my english language credentials (ie lived and educated in england in english my whole life, with qualifications in it), my immigration lawyer had be write a letter myself regardin both my english, and on in french re my very basic french, ability. My application scores about 90 points... so the basic french is far from a requirement for points anyway.
Why have we heard nothing when they still quote a 6 month processing time on their revised site? I'm getting concerned now about polices checks starting to expire etc etc which could add further delays.
Please can you guys let me know your current experiences at this CHC - and what we can so. My lawyer has just written to try to find out what the delay in initial response is... why no acknowledgement at all?
Thanks

Simon

Sorry to hear you've not yet had any response, it does seem very odd when those sending their applications to Nova Scotia are getting letters back in 2 or 3 weeks!

Hopefully you'll find out what is happening soon though. You may well have to get another police check though as that won't be required until the end of the process (usual advice is to not get it until it's been requested, not sure why your immigration lawyer wanted it sent earlier?).

Best of luck.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Arranged Employment: Long delays at London HC currently in issuing client numbers

Thanks for that... I think it is also stranged... and I am feeling quite concerned - but then surely they'd just return the application if there was anything majorilly wrong with it.

The police checks went with it because it is a application under approved Arranged Employment (ie I am already working in canada on TWP, and have an approved job offer for AE). You are supposed to send all the supporting stuff with the application, as it is supposed to be processed way more quickly!

Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for that... I think it is also stranged... and I am feeling quite concerned - but then surely they'd just return the application if there was anything majorilly wrong with it.

The police checks went with it because it is a application under approved Arranged Employment (ie I am already working in canada on TWP, and have an approved job offer for AE). You are supposed to send all the supporting stuff with the application, as it is supposed to be processed way more quickly!

It is quite possible that London transferred to CIO Sydney, as all FSW1,2,3 applications are going there for preliminary assessment.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Sukh is an unknown quantity at this point

Few days ago someone mentioned that Fast Track applications do not receive AOR ..instead they are processed quickly and are sent medicals.

This might be correct as the website also states that they do not send AOR for these type of cases.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mission...tement-eng.asp

"For all permanent resident applications (except Family Class, Provincial Nominees, Arranged Employment and Quebec applications), a letter of Acknowledgement of Receipt is sent to the applicant within 24 weeks from the date this office receives the completed application. The Acknowledgement provides details of processing times."

Thanks

Simon
Old Apr 10th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

There are a few ideas there...

Do the officials really read the application before allocating it to a pile? Like look at least at all of the covering letter at least???

I'm wondering if it's got sorted into a wrong pile... and they missed that it is an Arranged Employment supported application?

My Lawyer suggests no way... but if the CIC/CHC didn't look beyond page one, they might have missed that! But my lawyer suggests they are just returning all FSW applications without Arranged Employment... how long would that return take... on receipt... or months later?

Anyone else have any current experience of this... Andrew Miller? I just want to be able to sleep again! Three months with NO reply at all? I'm feeling that is too long for this sort of application...