Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Arranged employment application just sent

Arranged employment application just sent

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

johnboy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arranged employment application just sent, bit of advice please.

Hey, I have a job offer in Canada and my employer has just sent in the arranged employment forms. I think we have a sound job offer, but is there anything in particular that they tend to reject these for? What sort of timescale am I looking at for a)the job confirmation and b)the permanent residency application?

Thanks

John

Last edited by johnboy22; Oct 29th 2007 at 8:32 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arranged employment application just sent, bit of advice please.

Originally Posted by johnboy22
I think we have a sound job offer, but is there anything in particular that they tend to reject these for?
Has to be a skilled occupation, stated salary must be not lower than average salary for the same job in same area (HRSDC has good info what is being paid) and it has to be permanent position on indeterminate basis after becoming a PR. Most of the time AEO applications (same with LMO) are rejected due to too low salary.

What sort of timescale am I looking at for a)the job confirmation and
Depends from the Province and particular HRSDC office. May be as short as few weeks and as long as well over 20 weeks.

b)the permanent residency application?
Depends from visa post and many other factors. As short as under 10 months to as long as few years. Providing of course that visa post accepts AEO, as many are being rejected by visa posts after detailed verification and background check (which is not done by HRSDC when processing AEO application).
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

johnboy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Has to be a skilled occupation, stated salary must be not lower than average salary for the same job in same area (HRSDC has good info what is being paid) and it has to be permanent position on indeterminate basis after becoming a PR. Most of the time AEO applications (same with LMO) are rejected due to too low salary.

Depends from the Province and particular HRSDC office. May be as short as few weeks and as long as well over 20 weeks.

Depends from visa post and many other factors. As short as under 10 months to as long as few years. Providing of course that visa post accepts AEO, as many are being rejected by visa posts after detailed verification and background check (which is not done by HRSDC when processing AEO application).
Hey Andrew, thanks for the info. I think my AEO is ok, my job is in the right skill level, I have the right experience and the pay is within the limits they seem to suggest, it is closer to the lower limit but if it was an issue I don't think my employer would mind increasing it a bit.

What do you mean by "Providing of course that visa post accepts AEO, as many are being rejected by visa posts after detailed verification and background check (which is not done by HRSDC when processing AEO application"

Could this be an issue if applying through Vancouver for the AEO and London for the PR?

I see your in Vancouver, hoping to head that way myself. Have you taken the same route? Have any idea about the waiting times at the Vancouver office now?

John
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa post do a deep verification of job offers that have only AEO, due to large volume of fraud. When applying for AEO employer has to document only being in business for at least 12 months and having other employees, nothing more. Thus visa posts do deeper checking into the matter trying to determine if it is a bona fide job offer or is it just a friendly employer giving you a helping hand with no intention to hire you and without any need to hire you.

In Vancouver AEO application may take 14 to 20+ weeks.

And no, I am not a recent immigrant. I run my own immigration firm in Vancouver since early 90's.