Wikiposts

Arranged Employment

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

spooooook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arranged Employment

Apologies if it's a question that has been asked many times before, but what qualifies as being sufficient evidence of "Arranged Employment"?

For example, would a simple letter obtained from a prospective employer indicating an employment offer upon completion of the immigration process serve as sufficient evidence for CIC to "fast track" a Skilled Worker PR or Work Permit application?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:20 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arranged Employment

If you already are in Canada, working on a temporary work permit, it's enough for your employer to write a letter stating that the employer would like to offer you a permanent job subject to your getting a permanent residence visa.

If you are not already in Canada and an employer wants to offer you a permanent job, the employer has to get an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:43 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If you already are in Canada, working on a temporary work permit, it's enough for your employer to write a letter stating that the employer would like to offer you a permanent job subject to your getting a permanent residence visa.

If you are not already in Canada and an employer wants to offer you a permanent job, the employer has to get an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
x
you also need to provide proof of employment (pay slips or t4) & work permit
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:56 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
you also need to provide proof of employment (pay slips or t4) & work permit
You are right, Rob. If the original poster wants to find out the details, they are in the Wiki called Fast Track PR Application.

A quick search of the OP‘s previous posts indicated she was still in the early stages of her research and still overseas, so I got the impression the AEO case was applicable to her. Consequently I was more interested in alerting her to the fact that a letter from a prospective employer was not enough if she still was overseas.
x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

spooooook is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies.

From what I've seen so far, it strikes me as being practically IMPOSSIBLE to get a job offer that would allow a realistic chance of obtaining immigration via PR or work permit. It seems to me to be a totally protected jobs market; I simply can't see a way round the "catch 22" situation whereby you can't get PR/WP unless you have arranged employment, but you can't get arranged employment because most employers want someone who already has entitlement to work in Canada, with any that don't being unlikely to want to wait the XX years needed to process an application.......

I'm off to slit my wrists now
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:08 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spooooook
...you can't get PR/WP unless you have arranged employment.....(
Of course you can, you just might need to get more creative, or take a different approach. Become self employed, start a business, or find an industry/employer that needs your skills, but can't find them from a Canadian employee. Plenty of folk have been there and done just that.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:36 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

I would also recommend the Study permit route - if you have about 10K english to put to one side and the person who isn't the highest wage earner wants to study. The permit comes with an open spousal work permit, then they get to go find a job. After 3 months, they can then ask their employer to write them a letter saying the would make the job a permanent one if they were residents. Then, Bob's your uncle, you have an AEO. Also the student can work if they are in good academic standing after a period of six months off campus, or on campus immeadiately (do a cleaning job in the evening, work in the cafeteria etc) Your AEO will be processed in around 6 months, if you are doing a diploma, you have plenty of time to sort it out. Also, you would get a permit for this processed in about 30 days maximum, so literally if you did it now, you could be here by September, no problems.

Kids don't need to pay fees, just have Study permits, in Alberta you are treated as resident health wise, and you have lovely long summers off as a student to make up for the lost time with the little ones, while you were studying every night.

It takes commitment, it takes organization and picking a good program with supportive instructors. Theres me and another chap here in Lethbridge College going this route, and apart from the family strain, totally enjoying it.

So step away from the razor blade - where there is a will and all of that.......

If you wanna PM me do so, I am more than happy to help!

All the best
Mrs Miggins xxxx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
Just Joined

RUSS THE CLARET is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told about this site from a friend and how pleased am i that i was!!!!! Just following on. Mrs miggins in your last reply you mention Alberta. My family and i are in the loooooonnnnng queue to emigrate at the moment and will be moving to the London, Ontario area. Do the same rules apply with regard to the Student Visa and spouses Temp Work Permit for this area. My wife is very keen to finish her studies in Canada which will enable her to become a teacher. It also seems a quick route over for us. If so this is great news if not !!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:21 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by RUSS THE CLARET
I was told about this site from a friend and how pleased am i that i was!!!!! Just following on. Mrs miggins in your last reply you mention Alberta. My family and i are in the loooooonnnnng queue to emigrate at the moment and will be moving to the London, Ontario area. Do the same rules apply with regard to the Student Visa and spouses Temp Work Permit for this area. My wife is very keen to finish her studies in Canada which will enable her to become a teacher. It also seems a quick route over for us. If so this is great news if not !!!!
Hello, Russ, and welcome to the BE forum.

I'm not Mrs Miggins, but I do know that what she is doing is not confined to Alberta. You can do it anywhere in Canada. In fact, one of our other forum members, daft batty, is doing the same thing in Ontario.
x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that Judy. Just a small matter now of selling the house and getting the wife enroled on a course!!!!!! Keep up the good work. This site is a wealth of knowledge to us wannabe expats!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:17 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what steps you've taken to actually get a job, but if its limited to firing off CV's from the UK, you're gonna have to be pretty damn lucky to find someone prepared to take a punt.

My advice would be to get yourself over there for a week or whatever, and pound the streets handing out CV's to prospective employers.

I sent loads of CV's out from the comfort of my desk, and got a reply for about 1 in every 20. I managed to get a few interviews set up (by telling them I was going to be in the area!), and booked the flights once it was all arranged. A week after coming home I had 2 offers.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

We have just come back Ontario recently, where we settled on an area to live once we do get over. I only came across the student visa route once we had arrived home, which would seem our quickest option.

Problem we have is that we now have to sell our house to release the money to buy a property in Ontario as we couldn't sustain a mortgage over here and rent a place over there.

Anybody wanna buy a 4 bed detatched in East Lancashire!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

NBJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody tried going to the place where they want to live and cold calling on prospective employers and giving them the HARD SELL!!!

I've just done the same thing and sold the idea of " All I want and need is a letter of job offer and I would sort all the Government side out"

Trust me people if you want something so bad, you would fly out and push yourself, sell yourself and make yourself known!!!!

The company I will be (HOPEFULLY), working for has just completed the eLMO and we are waiting , fingers crossed.

I suppose I am lucky with being a trade but GO OUT THERE AND GET IT!

Nigel.

PS Please keep everything crossed!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Fingers crossed for you, NBJW

I was waiting around for my employer here in the UK to contact the CDN office and discuss the options for a transfer. I started the discussion in October and now being late April, i've finally had enough of waiting for a response and set up a meeting in June between the Dept manager and myself.

I'd rather move things forward myself and 'be on the ground' as it were. Plus, I can approach/follow up on some other leads if I get told quickly that it ain't going to happen through my current employer.

We'll see how it goes..
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:42 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Any help, but we did the same in ontario and did the visit last year, employers was ok but wanted us to get the WP etc, yeah ok if yo gave him the job, but it was like a circle that we needed to stop spinning, everytime we did, something made it spin again. :curse::curse:

We looked at the study permit and believe me its not for everyone, its a hard one to take in a new country, but it does give the OH a open permit.

We changed our out look and started to look at other areas, started to look at alberta and trades, yep we are here on recci, hubby now been offered 3 jobs and another employer as said as soon as he gets a opening he wants him.....cool really after the response we got.

We have accepted one now and he has just sent off the LMO today, same day as we accepted his offer and they are helping us with moving here as well

My advise is to anyone if one area doesnt listen, try another, im glad we tried alberta, ok i love ontario, but alberta is awesome

Gill