Wikiposts

Armed Forces Police Clearance

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Glani is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Armed Forces Police Clearance

Can anyone help with this one please.

Husband spent 5yrs in Germany with British Army I was their for 11 mths, we sent application forms without police clearance for Germany, were advised by MOD the German Civil Police would not be able to provide anything as they do not hold any information about forces personel. Ive since been told different.

Any military or Ex in this situation ?

Thanks

Glani :scared:
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

CookieDough is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Armed Forces Police Clearance

My husband is in the forces and spent time in Germany. He went to the RMP,s in this country to get his police check done and they gave him one to cover all his time in the army including anytime spent abroad.
I hope that helps, let me know how you get on.

Originally Posted by Glani

Husband spent 5yrs in Germany with British Army I was their for 11 mths, we sent application forms without police clearance for Germany, were advised by MOD the German Civil Police would not be able to provide anything as they do not hold any information about forces personel. Ive since been told different.

Thanks

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Have just noticed your timeline is almost exactly the same as ours. Applied Nov 14th 2003, AOR Jan 26th 2004. I'm getting pretty jumpy now about it all, people who applied at similar times to us do seem to be hearing things. Where are you hoping to settle?

Thanks

Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Zeppelin4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glani,
I am recently ex-military, my 22 was up on 02 Jan 05. We arrived in Canada as PR on 16 Jan 05 and are still finding our feet.

Your info is correct, the GCP usually hold nothing on British military personnel who served in Germany. The RMP, however, hold records on military personnel wherever they served - this is particularly useful if you served in a number of places such as Germany, Cyprus, Kosovo etc.

There are two ways you can apply for an RMP police check. You could write to the OC of the RMP detachment where your husband last served - this is what I did. Alternately you could write directly to the Records Dept at the RMP Depot in Chichester - which is who replied to my letter after it had been passed on by the OC of my local RMP unit.

The service is free and you should get a reply much quicker than you would from the civilian police.

You don't say if your husband was Army or RAF. If RAF then I'm sure the same applies, you could possibly get the addresss from your local RAF base via the P&SS flight.

If your husband is still serving and you need any documents notorized, speak to the Army Legal Assistance cell covering your area. I got all my documents done for free which saved me a fortune.

Where are you intending to settle? Most ex-military head for Alberta, I suppose that's because BATUS is there. Anyway saying that we are in Ontario!!

Good Luck

Zeppelin4
Ex WO2 REME

Thanks

Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Thanks

Hi,
Things may have changed slightly.
We applied through RMP in Chichester, and received the clearance certs. Recently we have had Med requests with a request to produce Clearance from Germany. This has to be done through the Embassy in Bonn. Info is on website (type in police clearance for germany- Google). The cost is 13 Euro per certificate.
Hope that helps
frankieforehead
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CookieDough
Have just noticed your timeline is almost exactly the same as ours. Applied Nov 14th 2003, AOR Jan 26th 2004. I'm getting pretty jumpy now about it all, people who applied at similar times to us do seem to be hearing things. Where are you hoping to settle?

Hi CookieDough, yes we are like cats on a hot tin roof at the minute, I almost dragged the poor postmans hand through the letterbox this morning. Especially since ive been reading that people with similar timelines are now starting to receive letters for interviews and stuff. Its actually starting to come to life now is'nt it ! I feel like my life has been on hold for ages, well in fact it has because we had put off starting a family untill now, but the big 30 has arrived and the bodyclock has decided its time. :scared:
Its sod's law that says we will get accepted as I get pregnant is'nt it. We are never given a small amount of stress to handle it all comes at once.

We are hoping to settle around the Burlington / Oakville area in Ontario at first, we have family there so it will help us settle in and ease the pain of leaving my mum.

What about you ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi,
We applied through RMP in Chichester, and received the clearance certs. Recently we have had Med requests with a request to produce Clearance from Germany. This has to be done through the Embassy in Bonn. Info is on website (type in police clearance for germany- Google). The cost is 13 Euro per certificate.
Hope that helps
frankieforehead

Hi, thanks for that ill give it a go.
So we deffo need to have the clearance for Germany then dont we. I thought that maybe they would be ok with just having it from the Army but it seems not if they have asked you again for Germany clearance. Its a pain is'nt it, they must know that the forces would find out about anything you got upto over there.
Ive noticed your medicals are booked soom, any idea how long after your medical it wil be untill your interview ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zeppelin4
Hi Glani,
I am recently ex-military, my 22 was up on 02 Jan 05. We arrived in Canada as PR on 16 Jan 05 and are still finding our feet.

Your info is correct, the GCP usually hold nothing on British military personnel who served in Germany. The RMP, however, hold records on military personnel wherever they served - this is particularly useful if you served in a number of places such as Germany, Cyprus, Kosovo etc.

There are two ways you can apply for an RMP police check. You could write to the OC of the RMP detachment where your husband last served - this is what I did. Alternately you could write directly to the Records Dept at the RMP Depot in Chichester - which is who replied to my letter after it had been passed on by the OC of my local RMP unit.

The service is free and you should get a reply much quicker than you would from the civilian police.

You don't say if your husband was Army or RAF. If RAF then I'm sure the same applies, you could possibly get the addresss from your local RAF base via the P&SS flight.

If your husband is still serving and you need any documents notorized, speak to the Army Legal Assistance cell covering your area. I got all my documents done for free which saved me a fortune.

Where are you intending to settle? Most ex-military head for Alberta, I suppose that's because BATUS is there. Anyway saying that we are in Ontario!!

Good Luck

Zeppelin4
Ex WO2 REME

Hi Zeppelin4

Thanks very much looks like ill have to get a letter off to them tomorrow. I would have expected them to send the whole lot back to us by now if they had wanted more info but better get it just incase.
Hubby was in the Army also in the REME based in Hohne with 1AFA.
We are heading for Ontario around the Burlington / Oakville area. We have family there and just over the border in Rochester NY, in fact we have more there than over here. We ahave not actually been to any of the other provinces yet. If we are accepted for PR and land in Ontatio does that mean we cant move to any of the others at a later date ?
You mentioned you are in Ontario, Where about are you? and here's another I bet you have been asked a thousand times, how long did it take you to get there from application stage ?
I just cant wait, im like a child waiting for Christmas !
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi,
Hope that helps
frankieforehead
Hi ive just got the forms for the German clearance off the website thanks, I forgot to ask you about fingerprints, did you get these done for UK and Germany ?

Glani
Old Feb 14th 2005, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Zeppelin4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's our timeline:

Applications in: 30.4.2003
AOR received: 14.5.2003
Interview waiver/medical request: 14.6.2004
Medicals: 20.7.2004
Passports requested for visa entry: 4.8.2004
Passports with visas received: 15.9.2004 - we waited 3 weeks before submitting our passports as our daughter was away on holiday.
Arrived in Coldstream Ontario: 16.01.2005

Everything went smoothly on arrival, even the fact we hadn't totalled the value of our 'goods to follow' didn't upset the customs officer. We received our PR card, SIN numbers and Ontario driver's licences within 3 weeks.

Good luck!!!
Zeppelin4
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:35 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Armed Forces Police Clearance

Thanks

Hi we are just about going to ask for a updated police clearance because its taking so long at the moment. just for your info:

CCRIO
Roussillon Bks
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 4 BN

Ted
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Armed Forces Police Clearance

Hi Glani
We're hoping to settle near to Kelowna, in the Okanagan, BC. We've got a trip planned in May, I can't wait!!
You're a bit of a glutton for punishment aren't you, emigrating and baby making, all at the same time!! Mind you I can't talk, I've got 4 children and I'm taking them all on a 10 hour flight soon!! They are 14, 5 and twins aged 3. They are all on school hols at the moment, what fun!!
I have family in Vancouver but have only met them breifly and some time ago. They have been great though and we are going to see them on our trip.
I hope our wait will be over soon, keep in touch and let me know if you hear anything!

Hi CookieDough, yes we are like cats on a hot tin roof at the minute, I almost dragged the poor postmans hand through the letterbox this morning. Especially since ive been reading that people with similar timelines are now starting to receive letters for interviews and stuff. Its actually starting to come to life now is'nt it ! I feel like my life has been on hold for ages, well in fact it has because we had put off starting a family untill now, but the big 30 has arrived and the bodyclock has decided its time. :scared:
Its sod's law that says we will get accepted as I get pregnant is'nt it. We are never given a small amount of stress to handle it all comes at once.

We are hoping to settle around the Burlington / Oakville area in Ontario at first, we have family there so it will help us settle in and ease the pain of leaving my mum.

What about you ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karen&Ted

Hi we are just about going to ask for a updated police clearance because its taking so long at the moment. just for your info:

CCRIO
Roussillon Bks
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 4 BN

Ted
Ted thanks very much for that I was going to start ringing around for the address today and you have saved me a job.

Did you at any point get fingerprints for anywhere ? we never and with reading a lot of posts it looks like everyone has.

Whats your timeline ?

Cheers Glani
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CookieDough
Hi Glani
We're hoping to settle near to Kelowna, in the Okanagan, BC. We've got a trip planned in May, I can't wait!!
You're a bit of a glutton for punishment aren't you, emigrating and baby making, all at the same time!! Mind you I can't talk, I've got 4 children and I'm taking them all on a 10 hour flight soon!! They are 14, 5 and twins aged 3. They are all on school hols at the moment, what fun!!
I have family in Vancouver but have only met them breifly and some time ago. They have been great though and we are going to see them on our trip.
I hope our wait will be over soon, keep in touch and let me know if you hear anything!

Hi CookieDough,

BC sounds so lovley our family in Ontario have been a few times and they say we are mad to go and live by them when we could go over there. Its just the settling in thing though, I know ill miss my mum and being close to family will make that easier, also its only going to be a seven and half hour flight for her to come over as much as she can.

Can I ask how hard it is having twins :scared: Ive have 3 IVF attempts and the last one in December resulted in 10 embryo's, I couldnt have the transfer then because it made me really ill and ended up in hospital. However im due to go for the transfer next month, they have told us its a high chance of multiple births :scared: Could you even imagine triplets ?

I think you are a star for managing with four, especially taking them on that flight, how will you keep them entertained ? I think I would have to put them in economy and us in first class !! wouldnt that be funny.

Will deffo keep in touch, its great talking to people in the same boat rather than everyone just saying why do you want to leave the UK Why would people want to stay here.
I think we have made a bit of boo boo though as we never got fingerprints, where did you get yours done and did you get them for UK and the other countries ?

Speak to you later CookieDough

Glani
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:46 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough

Ted thanks very much for that I was going to start ringing around for the address today and you have saved me a job.

Did you at any point get fingerprints for anywhere ? we never and with reading a lot of posts it looks like everyone has.

Whats your timeline ?

Cheers Glani

No Probs,

No we didnt get finger prints done as still come under HM forces. If you are trying to call then its Ext 4342 You want, Sorry dont know dial code as i only have mil number

Ted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.