Approximate PR medical costs?

Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:05 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Approximate PR medical costs?

Hi,

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much their PR medicals cost? I've just received my instructions but I haven't worked in a few months (bad economy for geologists at the moment).

Also, has anyone ever had the problem where the only approved doctors are miles away? My closest one is in Quebec City which is 642 km from where I live so it's a 1200km return journey by car or an $800 flight (which I can't afford because of the whole economy thing)! Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of CIC temporarily approving other local doctors to conduct the medical examination...

Thanks in advance!
Cat

Last edited by catpea33; Apr 24th 2013 at 12:13 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:30 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approximate PR medical costs?

Mine was $178 for the medical, x-ray and bloodwork
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:57 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Highly unlikely that you can get another doctor to do it
I believe they may make exceptions in countries where there is no DMP
But in Canada that ain't gonna happen
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

zardoz99 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is from the CIC web site.

In Canada, if the nearest Panel Physician offering services in your preferred official language is located more than 250 kilometres or 4 hours from where you live, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to find out how to access immigration medical examination services in your preferred official language.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:26 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies everyone! It's cheaper than I thought it would be (phew).

And thanks for that phone number. I missed that on the web page! I called and I can find a local doctor to do the exam but I need to give their details to CIC first. So yay at not having to travel 1200km round-trip to do it!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

yup I just had mine done and it was around $250 for everything, all done within a few hours
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

I paid: $180 for a basic medical, $47 blood and urine, $50 xray...

Downtown calgary.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to jump on this thread but do the children have to have a medical when applying for pr? Ones 3 ones 1
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:22 am
is awesome

Originally Posted by gemmab1979
Sorry to jump on this thread but do the children have to have a medical when applying for pr? Ones 3 ones 1
I read somewhere that children under 5 were excluded. Sorry, I haven't got a link because I can't remember where I read it. Maybe someone else can help out with a link...
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

They still need the medicals but no blood tests, no urine test and no xray.
I can't remember the age but I think it was 5 for the urine test, 10 for x rays unless there is history of TB and 13 maybe for blood tests but don't quote me on that. But age 3 and 1 will only need the general examination for the medicals. We had the medicals done November 2011 and our British born kids were 3 and 1 and needed the examination but were excluded from the rest. The Canadian baby didn't need any medicals.
If you ring one of the Panel Physicians they will know the exact ages.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all