Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Approx PR date for SW Application made now??

Approx PR date for SW Application made now??

Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:06 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Approx PR date for SW Application made now??

Ignoring the recent changes (which I shouldn't I know)

what do people think a realistic and approx date and timeline for issue of PR Visa for a Skilled Worker Application to be submitted in London on April 1st 2008???

Assume no major queries and all paperwork submitted correctly and on time (I hope)

it would help me ....and I won't hold anybody to it I promise !!!!!!!

Thanks to anybody replying
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:41 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approx PR date for SW Application made now??

Originally Posted by jimmydean

what do people think a realistic and approx date and timeline for issue of PR Visa for a Skilled Worker Application to be submitted in London on April 1st 2008???

Assume no major queries and all paperwork submitted correctly and on time (I hope)

it would help me ....and I won't hold anybody to it I promise !!!!!!!

Thanks to anybody replying
Hi Jimmydean,
We applied in Aug 05 and just recieved our request for medicals last Friday. So far thats been 2 1/2 years.. and we're still not done.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about

It's pretty much impossible to predict with the changes that look like happening...

... but we're putting in our application next week and are readying ourself for a wait of at least 5 years... It seems many people who applied last year were predicted 48 months and it's getting longer all the time...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:30 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

254 Thanks for that ........maybe we can keep in touch along the way.......I think ours is going in next week as well..........

.......strangely I dont want it to take any less than 3 years because I retire from my job then (at 48 year old) ....I have held off until now as I didn't want my PR Visa issued before I actually retire in UK

good luck......see you at the other end in 2013....maybe we will be here for the Olympics after all !!!!! I thought we'd miss them.............

jimmydean
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmydean

Without arranged employment - between 5 years and eternity/never

With arranged employment - 4 to 12 months

With pending changes - ????????????
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

MissyDan will become famous soon enoughMissyDan will become famous soon enough

I apologise if this sounds thick but if one is not out there working, but is able to find an employer who is willing to fill out the forms for arranged employment and wait for the SW.

From what I have read I think it would but would someone please confirm as to whether this alone would speed up the application

The reason I am asking is because I have noticed alot of people already in Canada working getting their cases fast tracked.

Last edited by MissyDan; Mar 19th 2008 at 2:18 am.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:19 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissyDan
I apologise if this sounds thick but if one is not out there working, but is able to find an employer who is willing to fill out the forms for arranged employment and wait for the SW.

From what I have read I think it would but would someone please confirm as to whether this alone would speed up the application

The reason I am asking is because I have noticed alot of people already in Canada working getting their cases fast tracked.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...an_Immigration
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

bazzz thanks for your reply. Thought I had been through everything. I guess it is time to read and re-read everything. I did not initially pay much attention to the job side of it as I thought I would just ride it out and wait, not too sure now.

Found it here

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...gration-Canada

an excerpt from there is

"Furthermore, Citizenship and Immigration Canada increasingly has ignored pre-arranged employment when the applicant is not yet working in Canada."

So I was wrong an AEO on it's own won't help.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:41 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

You're probably better off trying to find an employer who will obtain an LMO for you so you can go over and start working on a temporary work permit, THEN apply for PR once you're in Canada. If you're lucky you might find a job that doesn't require an LMO.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bazzz
You're probably better off trying to find an employer who will obtain an LMO for you so you can go over and start working on a temporary work permit, THEN apply for PR once you're in Canada. If you're lucky you might find a job that doesn't require an LMO.
Thanks for the advice and information will need to look for something whilst the SW application is in 2 years and counting. Thought I would wait it out but now wanting to go sooner

Last edited by MissyDan; Mar 19th 2008 at 3:00 am.