Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Approved RCMP Fingerprinting Services in SE Asia

Approved RCMP Fingerprinting Services in SE Asia

Old Sep 24th 2018, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough
Default Citizenship Fingerprints

Hi all

I left Canada in May but before doing so i put in my citizenship application. It must have progressed past the first checks as i received an email 3 days ago asking for fingerprints (electronically)

Now i am currently travelling in Asia for a few months so the "must be done in 30 days" is a pain.

Can someone advise if i was to return to the UK (preferred option) what would be the best way to get these electronic fingerprints done?

Any advice is welcoem

Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Fingerprints

Originally Posted by BobbyN
Hi all

I left Canada in May but before doing so i put in my citizenship application. It must have progressed past the first checks as i received an email 3 days ago asking for fingerprints (electronically)
Hi

Now i am currently travelling in Asia for a few months so the "must be done in 30 days" is a pain.

Can someone advise if i was to return to the UK (preferred option) what would be the best way to get these electronic fingerprints done?

Any advice is welcoem

Thanks
1. Start by reading here: Steps for getting a certified criminal record check | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
2. You will have to have your fingerprints (ink and roll) done, then you mail/courier to one of the accredited companies in Canada, who will digitize the prints and forward them to the RCMP.
3. The Corp of Commissionaires is one such company https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/na...fingerprinting
4. There was a similar thread in the last month or so.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Actually now I'm thinking if I can find a place in Asia. Since I'm here anyway rather make a short trip and vacation at same time.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:50 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Is it normal for people to be asked for fingerprints for citizenship application?
Old Sep 25th 2018, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Is it normal for people to be asked for fingerprints for citizenship application?
First time doing it, not sure.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:34 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

First time doing it, not sure.
thats why I wondered. Never got asked for my PR or my IECs. Maybe you share your name with someone that’s on their radar
Old Sep 25th 2018, 8:52 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

thats why I wondered. Never got asked for my PR or my IECs. Maybe you share your name with someone that’s on their radar
I know they recently changed it so more visas are now biometric. PR applicants from Europe now have to submit fingerprints and the same policy will apply to Asian applicants by the end of the year. If you're already a landed PR though then you're exempt for life (or as long as your PR status is valid).
Old Sep 25th 2018, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I know they recently changed it so more visas are now biometric. PR applicants from Europe now have to submit fingerprints and the same policy will apply to Asian applicants by the end of the year. If you're already a landed PR though then you're exempt for life (or as long as your PR status is valid).
thanks i will call them ask, it is really annoying and i do not want to fly back to canada just ofr this. currently looking at Hong Kong as an option to fly too.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:09 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

thanks i will call them ask, it is really annoying and i do not want to fly back to canada just ofr this. currently looking at Hong Kong as an option to fly too.
​​​​​​Are your fingerprints being requested for an RCMP check or as part of the naturalisation application process?

EDIT: Sorry I've just seen that it's an RCMP. This isn't part of your citizenship application persee. You've been flagged for a spot check. It happened to me when I applied for PR last year and it's a nightmare.

At least I was in the UK at the time though. I think it's going to be harder for you, especially if you don't speak the local language wherever you are and have no address etc registered there.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Sep 25th 2018 at 10:13 am.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Default Approved RCMP Fingerprinting Services in SE Asia

Hi all

Been requested by CIC to get electronic submission of fingerprints to them.

The letter talks about "list of RCMP accredited agencys" but does not provide a list at the link:

Eitherway i am in Asia and do not want to fly back to Canada or the UK to do this, so I am hoping someone knows of anywhere in SE Asia e.g. HK, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan to which i can travel (make a vacation out of it) and get my fingerprints taken --> sent to an agency in canada to convert to electronic version and pay them to do so and submit on my behalf to CIC.

Anyone had to go through such a scenario?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2018, 3:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved RCMP Fingerprinting Services in SE Asia

I've merged your two threads to keep everything in one place.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

These people have a Tokyo office - they are an accredited RCMP fingerprinting service based in Canada ... it's not cheap though!

https://thefingerprintroom.com/tokyo-japan/

Most police services should be able to offer the service, if you can get to one and ask.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 25th 2018 at 4:40 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 5:07 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Siouxie
These people have a Tokyo office - they are an accredited RCMP fingerprinting service based in Canada ... it's not cheap though!

https://thefingerprintroom.com/tokyo-japan/

Most police services should be able to offer the service, if you can get to one and ask.
I was actually just going to say there's no way that the Japanese police would fingerprint a visiting foreigner but it seems like the fingerprint room in Tokyo are authorised to offer a special service so that could work.

Ironically you would actually be fingerprinted when entering Japan itself but they keep those files secret.

Flying back to the UK to do this would be costly and foolish considering all told the process cost me about £150 from the UK.

You should be able to get a cheap flight to Tokyo from pretty much anywhere in Asia but I'll warn you now, if you have any drugs offences on record whatsoever then don't even try it. They would know and you would likely be detained and deported on arrival even for something as trivial as marijuana possession.
​​​​​

​​​

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Sep 25th 2018 at 5:12 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 5:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

1. They are requested when CIC/IRCC does a name check on CPIC and finds a person with a similar name and age with a conviction. So they request the applicant's fingerprints to determine if it is the same person or not.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

thanks everyone just looking at this one in tokyo, seems like a good option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.