approved omg now wot

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

sharonl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default approved omg now wot

ok have just received congrats on being approved for the sask immigrant nominee prog!!

now i am having a moment i have 6 months to file my application with the visa office

how soon ya reckon i be out there?

can someone clarify in real basic- all of us - wife and children need to get organised big time to get out there how soon do we need to be out there within the 6 months all of us?!

help panic panic
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: approved omg now wot

Congratulations! There seem to be quite a few of us in Saskatchewan now .

In terms of when you have to move, typically you get a year after the date of the medical; I'm not sure how long visa approval takes through the Saskatchewan PNP.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:19 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on how you want to work it. Our situation was we applied for PNP as my husband had a job offer. Our timeline was:

- PNP (newfoundland) certificate received July 2007
- application for PR sent to London August 2007
- came over to newfoundland Sept 2007, and got TWP at point of entry. didn't stay at that point as we still had house to sell etc, but sorted out rentals for when we did move over.
- moved over 30th November 2007 on TWP. Still awaiting request for medicals from London.

From reading other posts, I think it takes about 4-6 weeks to apply for TWP through London - our contact at the Newfoundland PNP said it was just as easy if we were coming over anyway just to get it done at immigration when you landed. However, St John's is a small airport and it was pretty painless - don't know how it would be at a larger airport?

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
Depends on how you want to work it. Our situation was we applied for PNP as my husband had a job offer. Our timeline was:

- PNP (newfoundland) certificate received July 2007
- application for PR sent to London August 2007
- came over to newfoundland Sept 2007, and got TWP at point of entry. didn't stay at that point as we still had house to sell etc, but sorted out rentals for when we did move over.
- moved over 30th November 2007 on TWP. Still awaiting request for medicals from London.

From reading other posts, I think it takes about 4-6 weeks to apply for TWP through London - our contact at the Newfoundland PNP said it was just as easy if we were coming over anyway just to get it done at immigration when you landed. However, St John's is a small airport and it was pretty painless - don't know how it would be at a larger airport?

Hope this helps.

thanks for that pnp? i get lost with all these abreviations - hoping to go out with husband for a visit when he gets start dates for his job then lookin at us all out there before winter but obviously i will need to sort house etc etc . just panic as well as i will give up my fab job and be a stay at home 'mom' OMG!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:17 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

PNP - Provincial Nominee Program

Basically, you apply directly to the province where you want to live (with a job offer), they process you and whole process (including pr) should take less time than applying via skilled worker. You get nomination certificate which you then use to apply for permanent residence (pr). Once you have nomination certificate, you can come over on temporary work permit (twp).

I was assuming that sask immigrant nominee program was same thing?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

PNP - Provincial Nominee Program

Basically, you apply directly to the province where you want to live (with a job offer), they process you and whole process (including pr) should take less time than applying via skilled worker. You get nomination certificate which you then use to apply for permanent residence (pr). Once you have nomination certificate, you can come over on temporary work permit (twp).

I was assuming that sask immigrant nominee program was same thing?
ahhh clear as mud yes it is i have to apply for twp and just wait i guess sask empoyer saying 6/8 wks just panicking on getting children, wife etc out within reasonable time scales etc
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:22 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

have you sent off your application for twp yet?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

have you sent off your application for twp yet?
just about to do that got forms back from sask and also need to get a photo done wont accept passport ones has to be certain size etc!! very starnge £15 for one

so twp forms to go been told by immigration in sask 6/8 wk
also sending forms for pr

wife desperate to know when she needs to be out due to havin to give 3 mths notice etc lol

well here starts the big adventure and my employer tells me its -25 at mo
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:14 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

It will all fall into place for you, although it does seem a bit daunting at times. Time will also fly past - our last few months in scotland were just a whirlwind of car boot sales, visiting family, and so on. I finished working a month beforehand to sort things out, and probably could have been doing with another couple of weeks!

It is above freezing here today (3 degrees), but chucking it down with rain - not good when the drains are covered in snow!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharonl
just about to do that got forms back from sask and also need to get a photo done wont accept passport ones has to be certain size etc!!
Are you sure they're not British passport photo size? The normal PR photos were; I got them from a photo booth.

well here starts the big adventure and my employer tells me its -25 at mo
However, it's supposed to be -10 to just above zero most of next week; we've been having an unusually bad winter this year, for example I was watching a news story last night about some road in BC which had been blocked by snow for the first time since it was built in the 80s.