Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Approved for express entry, what are my chances?

Approved for express entry, what are my chances?

Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:14 am
Just Joined

syncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Approved for express entry, what are my chances?

I've been approved for express entry for Canada, and I will be entered into a 'pool'. What are my chances of actually being selected for a visa?

I'm 22
I have a bachelor's degree
I have foreign work experience but no work experience in Canada, and no job offer
I'm single
I scored highly on the language test

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved for express entry, what are my chances?

Originally Posted by syncin
I've been approved for express entry for Canada, and I will be entered into a 'pool'. What are my chances of actually being selected for a visa?

I'm 22
I have foreign work experience but no work experience in Canada, and no job offer
I'm single

Thanks
How many points do you score under the Comprehensive Ranking System?

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool

(ignore what it says about already being asked to apply for PR)

You need about 460 to be selected, based on the last few draws.

PS if you are under 30, then IEC is by far the easiest way to get to Canada.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:24 am
Just Joined

syncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond reputesyncin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015

Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bc2015

How does the IEC help me get into Canada permanently? Does it provide me with more points? Or does it allow me to get full time employment?
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

How does the IEC help me get into Canada permanently? Does it provide me with more points? Or does it allow me to get full time employment?
It allows you to get your foot in the door in Canada and can contribute points for Canadian Work Experience towards EE. It's also significantly cheaper than the full PR process and once in Canada it's possible you will find an employer who will be willing to pay for the costs of the PR application. 440 points is probably too low to be selected, I don't think they've gone below 450 yet and judging by the numbers in the pool below 450 I doubt they will go below.

Last edited by bc2015; Sep 4th 2015 at 6:04 am.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:59 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It would give you a 2 year open work permit, thus giving you the opportunity to gain Canadian experience and potentially find an employer willing to assist you with PR (depending on which route you took).

International Experience Canada – travel and work in Canada

Next round will probably be in January but you would have to be ready to apply - this year the spots went in minutes.

I see bc2015 posted whilst I was writing, lol - GMTA!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 4th 2015 at 6:01 am.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:53 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 22
I'm single

Thanks
Have you visited Canada before? Do you have family out there?

Last edited by beckiwoo; Sep 4th 2015 at 6:54 am. Reason: Sorry OP said they were single so took out the word 'spouse'
Old Sep 4th 2015, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so you're slightly under the minimum that's been drawn in the past, but it's possible that the points threshold will drop down that low - it's certainly not a no hope score anyway. You can either leave your profile there and see what happens for a few months, or you can be proactive and try and find another way over (and way to increase your score i.e. a job offer).

It's not a permanent visa, but obviously the Canadian work experience will give you more points, and quite often you'll find your employer on the IEC will 'sponsor' you for PR if you impress them.

That's by far and away your easiest route to Canada tbh, if you're eligible for IEC then I'd just go for that. It would also give you a chance to try Canada without having to spend thousands on a permanent move.

Good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, so you're slightly under the minimum that's been drawn in the past, but it's possible that the points threshold will drop down that low - it's certainly not a no hope score anyway. You can either leave your profile there and see what happens for a few months, or you can be proactive and try and find another way over (and way to increase your score i.e. a job offer).

It's not a permanent visa, but obviously the Canadian work experience will give you more points, and quite often you'll find your employer on the IEC will 'sponsor' you for PR if you impress them.

That's by far and away your easiest route to Canada tbh, if you're eligible for IEC then I'd just go for that. It would also give you a chance to try Canada without having to spend thousands on a permanent move.

Good luck.
But what kind of work will I do on the IEC / which companies will I work for? And what qualifications does it require?
Old Sep 4th 2015, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But what kind of work will I do on the IEC / which companies will I work for? And what qualifications does it require?
What sort of job and work do you want to do?
The IEC gives you a 2 year work permit its then UP TO YOU to find a job.
Even if approved for EE you would still have to find a job and the only advantage of EE is that you get PR status if accepted where on the IEC you apply later on.
Depending what qualifications you have and the work you want to do you might have to have them recognized in Canada.
You aren't giving us a lot to work with.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Is Google broken?!

No qualifications are required, and you can do any job on it - it's simply a 2 year open work permit.

Have a read up on it on the official site, and there's also a long thread about it on this forum.

Good luck.