Appointing a representative

Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Appointing a representative

Hi all

I was/am going to appoint my friend as an unpaid representative.

He emigrated a few years ago and I thought it would be useful having a contact in Canada who can contact CIC if necessary. But if I appoint him does that mean CIC will only deal with him? And not me? If that is the case I would rather not include that form as I want all dealings regarding my application to be through me.

Any advice appreciated?

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:28 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appointing a representative

[QUOTE=Kazphillips]Hi all

He emigrated a few years ago and I thought it would be useful having a contact in Canada who can contact CIC if necessary. But if I appoint him does that mean CIC will only deal with him? And not me? If that is the case I would rather not include that form as I want all dealings regarding my application to be through me.

Any advice appreciated?

Thanks

Hi kaz, One of the experts will be along shortly to give you the right advice but as i understand it, you are right, i.e. if you appoint a rep, CIC will only deal with that rep. Good luck
hth
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:53 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you appoint a representative then CIC will only communicate with such representative.

There is absolutely no advantage of any kind for appointing anyone other that authorized immigration practitioner as representative. Forget about it.

More - if CIC suspects that your "unpaid representative" is really a paid one just not authorized then you will get your entire application package back few to several months later.

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi all

Any advice appreciated?

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys - that has cleared it all up for me!