Applying for Work Permit

Old Mar 17th 2012, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

mr_thai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Work Permit

Hi everyone,
I came up with a question regarding the application for Work Permit and I hope to get an answer. I have just been issued a positive LMO and am going to apply for Work Permit. I am Vietnamese citizen however I have been living in the U.S. more than 2 years continuously. I also been issued a Temporary Resident Visa valid until the end of July. My question is do I need to have a medical exam when applying for WP? I checked the CIC website and it says I may not need it since I live in U.S.A more than 6 months. Moreover, I already have my TRV in hand, can I just apply for WP at port of entry or I have to apply for WP visa at visa Office before I head to Canada?
Thank you very much and looking forward to your answer.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Work Permit

Eligibility to apply as you enter Canada

You can apply for a work permit as you enter Canada, but only if you meet the following requirements:
•you are temporary resident visa exempt and
• your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC (some exceptions apply) or
•you hold a labour market opinion from HRSDC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

mr_thai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for Work Permit

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Eligibility to apply as you enter Canada

You can apply for a work permit as you enter Canada, but only if you meet the following requirements:
•you are temporary resident visa exempt and
• your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC (some exceptions apply) or
•you hold a labour market opinion from HRSDC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp
Thanks alot Former Lancastrian,
So I think it's better off for me to apply for the Work Permit from VO before I go to Canada to make sure everything is fine.