Applying for Visa on Landing

Old Dec 2nd 2020, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for Visa on Landing

Can anyone confirm whether we can apply for my husband’s work visa and our family visa’s at the airport still? If so, is it just our LMIA, qualifications and medicals we need to provide?

Thank you.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Visa on Landing

Originally Posted by gemmy1203
Can anyone confirm whether we can apply for my husband’s work visa and our family visa’s at the airport still? If so, is it just our LMIA, qualifications and medicals we need to provide?

Thank you.
Not possible at the moment I’m afraid, you can’t travel unless you’ve got a LOI so you must apply online unless you come under an exemption - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n-workers.html

HTH.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought as much but I thought I’d read a post on here that someone had applied in arrival. The current turnaround from the UK is 6 months I have a feeling we could be waiting another 6 months for our LMIA.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

We have finally got my husbands work permit, only problem now we can’t all fly due to covid 😩 we have put in for authorisation but if we don’t get it only he can fly. We have been pondering on moving for 12 years we finally sold our house, got oinp, put in for pr and had his work permit approved all with in the past 6 months to now be told we might not be able to enter the country!
good luck with your process 🤞🏼
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 7:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought as much but I thought I’d read a post on here that someone had applied in arrival.
If it wasn't an old thread, then they must have come under an exemption i.e. been in the US etc.

I don't think the LMIA should take 6 months, there is a backlog with work permits because visa offices closed, but LMIA's don't seem too bad at the mo, so hopefully it won't be more than about 4 months which is about the norm anyway. When was it applied for?

Best of luck, hope you get the LMIA soon.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
We have finally got my husbands work permit, only problem now we can’t all fly due to covid 😩 we have put in for authorisation but if we don’t get it only he can fly. We have been pondering on moving for 12 years we finally sold our house, got oinp, put in for pr and had his work permit approved all with in the past 6 months to now be told we might not be able to enter the country!
good luck with your process 🤞🏼
If you don't get authorisation straight away, once your husband has his work permit you will be able to apply for an exemption again..although it does say (see below) so fingers crossed!
Written authorization may be issued to facilitate family unity at the onset and allow for the whole family to travel together and establish residence in Canada. There is no requirement for the head of family (for example, a worker or student) to come to Canada first and the rest of the family travel at a later date with authorization letters to reunite in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-reunification
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.... does that mean he would have to land and activate it at the border? And then we follow after....
His work permit has been approved, we emailed ircc 10 days ago now for authorisation and haven’t heard anything back.
thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.... does that mean he would have to land and activate it at the border? And then we follow after....
His work permit has been approved, we emailed ircc 10 days ago now for authorisation and haven’t heard anything back.
thanks
If you don't receive consent to travel together then you would apply for consent to travel under 'reunification of family' once he is in Canada.

Did you make a formal application? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...#authorization
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...itors/eta.html
(iDetails in the link > links from that page)

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 3rd 2020 at 3:33 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

we applied via the web form on that link we also sent an email to [email protected] which was an email address i had seen on a previous thread on here, the email was sent first and then I found the web form.
I completely undestand why the restrictions are there its just disappointing when you have been through so much to get there. If he travels first it just doesn't seem financially affordable for him to pay for accommodation for himself over there whilst being the main financially support for our family here.
I hope we gain the authorisation as I can't see things changing any time soon
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

We also put in for etas for the kids I currently have one from the beginning of this year and obviously he has been granted one with his application.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 7:49 pm
Banned

we applied via the web form on that link we also sent an email to [email protected] which was an email address i had seen on a previous thread on here, the email was sent first and then I found the web form.
I completely undestand why the restrictions are there its just disappointing when you have been through so much to get there. If he travels first it just doesn't seem financially affordable for him to pay for accommodation for himself over there whilst being the main financially support for our family here.
I hope we gain the authorisation as I can't see things changing any time soon

Hopefully it's only going to be for a matter of how long it takes for your application to be processed - once he is in Canada you can apply immediately.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If it wasn't an old thread, then they must have come under an exemption i.e. been in the US etc.

I don't think the LMIA should take 6 months, there is a backlog with work permits because visa offices closed, but LMIA's don't seem too bad at the mo, so hopefully it won't be more than about 4 months which is about the norm anyway. When was it applied for?

Best of luck, hope you get the LMIA soon.
It was applied for on August 23rd but the employer has heard nothing since.... he has said he’s tried chasing this week but we haven’t heard anything yet.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It was applied for on August 23rd but the employer has heard nothing since.... he has said he’s tried chasing this week but we haven’t heard anything yet.
That's within normal timescales though (even pre-Covid), so I wouldn't worry. Fingers crossed, hope you have a positive result soon.